The perfect slow cooker dinner idea! Made with a savory, sweet orange sauce, this simple Crock Pot Pork Roast recipe is one you’ll make over and over again!
When you’re craving a warm, hearty meal, this Crock Pot Pork Roast needs to be your next go-to dinner idea. It’s fantastic as a weekend supper, or an easy to put together a meal when you have a day of errands & activities and want to come home to a dinner that is already done. Simmered in a delicious orange sauce, this simple pork roast in crock pot comes together quickly and requires just a little bit of prep. It’s one of my best crock pot recipes!
CROCK POT PORK ROAST
Like this recipe? Pin it to your SLOW COOKER pinboard!
Follow Real Housemoms on Pinterest
How to cook a pork roast in a crock pot
- You’ll begin by searing your roast on all sides. Because the fat content on a pork roast is typically pretty low, searing the roast on the outer edges really helps keep the moisture in the meat. Once you’ve seared the outer edges of the roast, it can go straight into your crock pot or slow cooker.
- Next, you’ll whip up your orange sauce. This sauce as a wonderful balance of sweet and savory, and the citrus flavors from the marmalade pairs wonderfully with the pork!
- The last easy step is letting this delicious pork roast cook. Set the temp on your slow cooker to LOW, and cook for 6 hours. As this roast cooks, your house will fill with the most amazing orange aromas! When your roast is done cooking, transfer it to a cutting board and slice. Serve with the sweet and savory orange sauce poured over the sliced roast or serve it on the side.
If you’re roast is bigger than the 3 to 3 1/2 pork roast I used, you can determine how long to cook the pork roast in crock pot easily. On LOW you should cook the roast for 2 hours per pound and on HIGH 1 hour per pound + 1 hour. Just make sure your roast has an internal temperature of 145 degrees F tested with a meat thermometer.
My family loves this pork roast! It’s a great start our meal while we gather around the table after a busy day, and reconnect with the ones we love. My favorite sides to go with this slow cooker pork roast are Crispy Garlic Smashed Potatoes and Browned Butter Carrots and for dessert Grilled Peaches! I hope you enjoy this easy dinner recipe as much as we do!
Want more easy pork recipes?
- Slow Cooker Pork Chops with Peach Sauce
- Perfectly Moist Pork Loin
- Garlic Butter Pork Chops
- Crock Pot Pulled Pork
- Grilled BBQ Pork Roast
- More dinner recipes…
Tools used to make this Crock Pot Pork Roast recipe
Large Skillet: This skillet is my go-to kitchen tool. It’s large circumference and high sides make it perfect for cooking anything from one pan meals to soups and sauces.
Slow Cooker: I love this crock pot! The lid is very secure and I can pack it up and take it on the go if I’m heading to a potluck. This slow cooker is a workhorse in my kitchen and has worked great for years!
Mixing Bowl: These mixing bowls are perfect for mixing and serving. I love the varied sizes so I always have to right size bowl for all my mixing needs.
Tongs: A good pair of tongs is a kitchen essential. I like having a couple sizes – a longer set for grilling and a shorter set for stovetop cooking.
- Heat a skillet over medium-high heat, and add the olive oil. While skillet heats, salt and pepper all sides of the pork roast. In the hot skillet, sear each side of the pork roast for 2 minutes, and the ends of the pork roast for one minute each. Transfer the seared roast to a slow cooker.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the marmalade, Hoisin sauce, vinegar, honey, pepper and garlic salt. Pour over the roast.
- Cook the roast in the slow cooker on LOW for 6 hours or on HIGH for 4 hours (until your roast reaches an internal temperature of 145 degrees F). Remove from the slow cooker, slice the roast, and serve with the remaining orange sauce over the top of the pork slices.
If you loved this simple and delicious recipe, be sure to check out some of Erin’s other recipes, like these: