Crispy Garlic Smashed Potatoes are incredibly easy to make with an out-of-this-world flavor! Everyone will be begging for more!
Hey you! It’s Chelsea from Gal on a Mission today sharing an excellent side dish for any type meal! Not only are these crispy garlic smashed potatoes easy, but the flavor is amazing. You are going to love these little guys. I will have to warn you though, they may not last very long. With only the two of us, we were able to devour them in one day. Yep. One day, my friend.
If you are looking for a simple and incredibly easy side dish for you meal, then these crispy garlic smashed potatoes would be great! When I mean they are easy, they really are that EASY.
Real Housemoms TV
For this dish, you will need small potatoes so you can easily smash them. I used small red potatoes, but feel free to use any kind you may have.
Once you have your potatoes picked out, you will need to wash and scrub them. After they have been washed, you will want to add them to a pot of boiling water and boil them for 20 minutes or until tender. Preheat the oven and prepare your toppings: butter, garlic, salt and pepper. Feel free to add salt and pepper to your liking. You then will want to bake them at a high temperature, this will ensure the tops to be crispy.
You now have the option to add the toppings before you bake them to crispy perfection or after. The first time I added the toppings and the garlic was a little more browned. If you decide to add it after, the garlic will come out perfectly. As always, do what is best for YOU. Either way you are going to absolutely love these potatoes!
- 1 pound small red potatoes washed
- 4 garlic cloves minced
- 3 tablespoons butter melted
- salt and pepper to liking
- Place whole potatoes in a large pot of boiling water and boil for 20 minutes or until tender. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Grease a baking sheet with non-stick cooking spray. Place the potatoes on top of the baking sheet and gently smash with a fork or a potato masher. Be careful and not allow the potatoes to come apart, you will want to keep them together, just smashed. Bake for 20 minutes.
- Whisk together the garlic and melted butter, pour over top of the potatoes and season with salt and pepper. Bake for another 5-7 minutes.
Download Your Free Copy!
Download your FREE copy of Dinner Made Easy!
Sign up to receive our newsletter and download your copy of Dinner Made Easy FREE! You'll get one email a week with our favorite recipes and tools to make life easy!