AU GRATIN POTATO CASSEROLE is the perfect creamy, cheesy, crispy side dish that goes great with just about anything!
Aren’t potatoes awesome?! With like a thousand yummy ways to cook them, how could they not be? You can make French fries, plain ole baked potatoes, mashed potatoes, hash browns, scalloped potatoes, potato soup, gnocchi, potato chips, potato salad, potato skins, tater tots, twice baked potatoes,… just to name a few off the top of my head. Yeah, I don’t think I could live without potatoes.
This Au Gratin Potato Casserole is another potato to add to the list of easy casserole recipes. It’s creamy, cheesy, salty, and topped with crispy corn flakes. I’m a sucker for a crispy top on anything!
If you’re looking for a super quick and yummy potato side dish, this is it. You don’t even have to peel the potatoes! Enjoy!
Get more great recipes like this one on our Best Side Dish Recipes pin board!
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1 cup cream
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 5 russet potatoes* cut into 1/2 inch cubes
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 3 cups Cornflakes
- 1/4 cup butter melted
- Fresh parsley chopped
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F and grease a 9x9 inch pan.
- Place cubed potatoes in the bottom of the greased pan.
- In a bowl, mix milk, cream, flour, salt and pepper. Pour over the potatoes. Top with the shredded cheese and then tightly cover the dish with foil. Bake for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, crush the cornflakes and after the potatoes have cooked 30 minutes, remove the potatoes from the oven, sprinkle with crushed cornflakes and drizzle with butter. Bake uncovered for 20-25 minutes until golden and the potatoes are tender.
- Sprinkle with some fresh parsley and serve.