SPARKLING APPLE CIDER SANGRIA is perfect for getting together with friends in the fall! It’s got the flavors of cider and ginger then topped with champagne for a bubbly finish!
Fall officially started this week and the weather here in Portland wasted no time showing it! We had our first day of rain in forever (or a month) on the first day and it didn’t stop for 3 days. The temperatures came down too! The week before my mom had been in town and it was in the 80’s and 90’s and then just a few days later it was in the 60’s! I’m LOVING it!!! We have a fantastic covered deck and an outdoor couch so I’ve been diving into a new book and snuggling up under the blanket while it rains. It’s been great for me and a disaster for my house! I live with 2 little monkeys that have a knack for making my house a mess. They’re cute though so I let them stick around! 😉
All the cool weather has me ready to pick apples. My mother-in-law is coming to town for her first visit to our house since we moved up to Portland. We can’t wait to show her all the fun fall things here and of course apple picking has to be part of it! I love grabbing the apples from the tree but I REALLY love to get the fresh cider, apple donuts and fritters afterwards! I make a lot of tasty apple recipes with my loot, like this Deconstructed Apple Pie and these Apple Pie Oatmeal Bars. This Sparkling Apple Cider Sangria is the perfect way to end a day of apple picking or just hanging out with friends watching the leaves fall to the ground!
- 6 cups apple cider
- 2 naval oranges
- 1 large apple cored and sliced
- 1 cup ginger vodka
- 1/2 cup frozen cranberries optional
- 1 bottle of dry champagne
- slice one of the oranges and place into a large pitcher along with the apple slices
- squeeze the juice from the remaining orange into the pitcher
- pour in the cider and the vodka and stir
- allow to sit overnight or for 8 hours
- if using the cranberries they can be added to the pitcher or each individual glass in place of ice
- pour apple cider mixture into a glass, leaving room for champagne
- top off each glass with champagne. (Amount depends on your taste)
Download Your Free Copy!
Download your FREE copy of Dinner Made Easy!
Sign up to receive our newsletter and download your copy of Dinner Made Easy FREE! You'll get one email a week with our favorite recipes and tools to make life easy!