This smooth and creamy Espresso Baileys Cocktail is the perfect boozy cocktail to reward yourself for surviving another busy week!
Creamy, rich, and packing a punch, this Espresso Baileys Cocktail is a simple, yet classic, dessert drink. Just shake together three easy ingredients and you’ve got yourself a boozy coffee cocktail that you’ll want to sip on all day long!
THE BEST WAY TO GIVE YOUR COFFEE AN EXTRA KICK
Coffee is my tried and true method of making it through each day and keeping me on my feet as I race towards the weekend. I’ve also come to find that a hard-earned boozy coffee at the end of my week is a great reward for all of my efforts!
OTHER RECIPES TO SERVE WITH ESPRESSO BAILEYS COCKTAIL
- Irish Cream Mousse Cups – These simple 5-ingredient mousse cups are a perfect sweet treat to accompany your Baileys Espresso Cocktail.
- Irish Cream Brownie Parfait – These delicious parfaits are made with Bailey’s Irish Cream flavored coffee creamer so they are a totally family friendly treat that anyone can enjoy.
Alcohol: This espresso Baileys recipe uses 1 1/2 ounces of Irish cream. You could also use other Baileys Irish Cream flavors that you think would go well with coffee, like salted caramel or espresso crème.
Mix-ins: Each drink requires 1 ounce of espresso which you can brew at home or purchase in a store. You will also need 2 ounces of heavy cream per drink which gives it the ultimate dreamy, smooth consistency.
HOW TO MAKE THIS ESPRESSO BAILEYS COCKTAIL
STEP ONE: Fill a cocktail shaker with ice about halfway.
STEP TWO: Measure and pour the espresso, Baileys Irish Cream, and heavy cream directly into the cocktail shaker. Shake it for 10 seconds.
STEP THREE: Strain the Baileys espresso cocktail into a rocks glass over ice. Serve and enjoy!
TIPS FOR SUCCESS
- Do not over-shake the cocktail as the heavy cream will begin to separate if it is overmixed.
- If you don’t have heavy cream, you can also use half and half or even whole milk.
- If you are feeling extra adventurous, Baileys Irish Cream coffee creamer can also be used as a substitute for the heavy cream.
- I’ve been saught without espresso before when I was craving this cocktail. Instead use some REALLY strong coffee, up to 2 ounces to taste, and you’ll be just fine.
WHAT DO YOU MIX WITH BAILEYS IRISH CREME?
Baileys is one of my favorite adult ingredients because you can use it in so many different recipes, from cocktails to milkshakes to desserts! Between you and I, the easiest way to enjoy Baileys Irish Cream is to pour a little bit into your morning coffee on your day off and not tell anyone.
WHAT COCKTAILS CAN I MAKE WITH BAILEYS?
My personal go-to mix will always be Baileys and coffee. This Baileys Flat White Martini was my first Baileys cocktail of choice. Most Baileys cocktails are made with original Baileys Irish Cream, but Baileys also comes in other flavors! In the summer I have used Baileys Colada to whip up some seriously delicious Pina Coladas. I have also seen Red Velvet Cupcake and Almond flavored Baileys which opens the door to a world of possibilities from cocktails to boozie smoothies and beyond!
OTHER FUN DESSERT COCKTAIL RECIPES
- Warm Caramel Apple Cider Cocktail
- Irish Cream Chocolate Milkshake
- Warm Pumpkin Spice Cocktail
- Luck of the Irish Shots
- Grasshopper Cocktail
- Key Lime Pie Cocktail
- 1 ounce espresso
- 1 1/2 ounces Baileys Irish Cream
- 2 ounces heavy cream
- Fill a cocktail shaker halfway with ice and pour in the espresso, Irish cream, and heavy cream.
- Cover and shake vigorously for 10 seconds. (Don’t over-shake the drink because the cream will start to whip and separate.)
- Strain into an ice-filled rocks glass and enjoy.
- You can substitute half-and-half or whole milk for heavy cream if desired.
- If you like, you can use homemade Irish cream or your favorite brand instead of Baileys.