I hope everyone had a fun Memorial Day Weekend and a great start to their summer! My friends arrived on Friday and we had a fabulous weekend in the pool, eating tons of food, enjoying a few cocktails, playing card games, watching our kids put on dance performances, and laughing at all our old college memories! They left on Monday morning for their long drive back to California, so we had a pretty relaxing day and spent some time outside, barbequed yummy food, and enjoyed our pool one last day before they drain it to start our remodel. I wanted a side dish for our barbeque, so I made some incredible Prosciutto Wrapped Asparagus. We had a big bag of asparagus from Costco and when I saw this recipe at Eat Drink Paleo, I knew we would get great use out of it. What a wonderful protein packed vegetable side dish for summer! We love asparagus and sometimes throw it on the grill, but I tried something new yesterday and it will definitely be made many times this summer. It would be a great appetizer or side dish, and possibly a perfect light lunch. The flavor is absolutely phenomenal and the salty addition of prosciutto is amazing! During a summer barbeque, you don’t want to spend too much time away from the pool or outside, so it is nice that this is quick and easy to make and won’t keep you away from the beautiful weather and sun for too long.
- 12 asparagus spears
- 6 prosciutto slices
- juice from half a lime
- olive oil
- Wash asparagus and cut off the ends
- Put lime juice on the asparagus
- Cut prosciutto strips into two halves, going lengthways, so you end up with 12 strips
- Place each prosciutto strip on a cutting board at a 45 degree angle
- Place one of the asparagus spears on top of the meat, perpendicular to it (The tip of the asparagus should be lined up with the bottom of the prosciutto strip)
- Wrap the bottom end of prosciutto over the asparagus and holding the meat tight, start rolling the asparagus up
- The prosciutto strip will wrap around the whole length of the spear because it’s on an angle (Don’t worry if parts of the asparagus spears are not covered completely)
- Heat some olive oil and butter in a large, flat frying pan to sizzling hot
- Fry wrapped asparagus spears for 1-2 minutes on each side, or until prosciutto is brown and crispy
Download Your Free Copy!
Download your FREE copy of Dinner Made Easy!
Sign up to receive our newsletter and download your copy of Dinner Made Easy FREE! You'll get one email a week with our favorite recipes and tools to make life easy!