Not a bite will be left of ITALIAN PROSCIUTTO POTATO SALAD at your next BBQ, picnic or potluck!! The salty goodness of crispy prosciutto will have everyone coming back for seconds!
Do you love potato salad? We sure do but I love changing things up, instead of all your traditional ingredients I wanted to add in some Italian flare. This is where the Italian Prosciutto Potato Salad came to be. We love prosciutto in this house. Have you ever tried frying it like bacon? It gets wonderful crispy and crumbly and works great as a topping for many dishes.
Besides the wonderful prosciutto I added in roasted red peppers, these two ingredients pair very nicely together. To give it a traditional touch I stuck with green onions and the lovely crunch from celery. Topped the whole thing off with a good helping of parsley to give it that needed freshness.
I like adding in Italian ingredients into traditional dishes. It is so easy to change things up and adds so much more flavor. If your are not familiar with prosciutto it is an Italian cured ham and is usually served cold. Wrapped around a simple slice of cantaloupe is a wonderfully easy appetizer. Added to a charcuterie board or wrapped around chicken are a couple of other uses for it too.
- 5 medium potatoes halved or whole, boiled in water and cooled
- 1/3 cup jarred roasted red peppers chopped
- 2 green onions chopped
- 1 large celery stalk chopped
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 Tbsp. red wine vinegar
- 1 tsp. sugar
- 1 tsp. dried mustard
- 1/2 tsp. paprika
- 5-6 slices prosciutto crisped in a fry pan, and crumbled
- 2 Tbsp. chopped fresh parsley
- Slice the potatoes into large bite sized chunks and add them to a large bowl. Add in the roasted red peppers, green onions, and celery. Add salt and pepper to taste. Mix together the mayo, vinegar, sugar, mustard and paprika. Add to the potatoes. Fold in about 3/4 of the prosciutto. Cover and chill until ready to serve. Top with the remaining prosciutto and parsley.
If you like a time-honoured recipe come and try my Grandma’s Potato Salad, this is the one I grew up with. Potato salad is always a crowd pleaser, a dish that gets gobbled down! Try either this classic potato salad or my Italian version. Enjoy them with your family and friends. Also come and see what else we have cooking up at Noshing With The Nolands. Lots to see each and every week!
Download Your Free Copy!
Download your FREE copy of Dinner Made Easy!
Sign up to receive our newsletter and download your copy of Dinner Made Easy FREE! You'll get one email a week with our favorite recipes and tools to make life easy!