This delicious Flourless Chocolate Cake with Homemade Caramel Sauce is one of the richest and incredibly moist cakes you’ll ever try!
Any true chocolate fan will appreciate this mind-blowing Flourless Chocolate Cake with Homemade Caramel Sauce. Super rich and chocolatey and drizzled in ooey gooey homemade caramel sauce, one slice of this cake will outshine any dessert you’ve ever had!
A SLICE OF HEAVEN
This amazing Flourless Chocolate Cake recipe is a chocolate lovers’ dream come true! The not-so-secret addition of a splash of strongly brewed coffee ups this epic recipe to a whole new level of decadence that cannot be rivaled.
OTHER RECIPES TO SERVE WITH FLOURLESS CHOCOLATE CAKE
- Salted Caramel Cashew Ice Cream – You can’t go wrong with a slice of chocolate cake a la mode.
- Cheesecake Stuffed Strawberries – These fresh and fruity bites bring a sweet balance to any dessert table.
Chocolate Cake: This easy-to-whip-up cake is a simple mix of eggs, unsalted butter, melted semi-sweet chocolate chips, sugar, salt, and a splash of strongly brewed coffee.
Caramel Sauce: Combine brown sugar, butter, heavy cream, vanilla, and salt for the most amazing homemade caramel sauce you’ve ever tasted.
HOW TO MAKE THIS FLOURLESS CHOCOLATE CAKE
STEP ONE: Start by preheating the oven to 300 degrees F and greasing a 10-inch springform cake pan. Wrap the bottom of the cake pan in foil. Use a lot of foil, ensuring a waterproof lining to prevent water from seeping in while cooking. Next, combine the water, coffee, sugar, and salt in a saucepan over medium heat. Stir the mixture until the sugar and salt are dissolved and then set it aside.
STEP TWO: Melt the chocolate chips in a microwave-safe bowl or a double boiler. Add the melted chocolate into a large bowl and use a stand mixer or an electric hand mixer to slowly beat in the butter piece by piece. Once all the butter is incorporated, slowly add the coffee mixture and then beat the eggs in one at a time.
STEP THREE: Pour the chocolate mixture into the greased springform pan and place it into a large roasting pan. Next, pour boiling water up the sides of the pan, stopping when it reaches about halfway up. Place the cake pan in the oven for 45 minutes. Once the cake is removed from the oven, place it in the fridge to chill overnight.
STEP FOUR: Before serving the cake, remove it from the fridge and dip the bottom of the pan in warm water with the foil still in place. Remove the sides of the pan and carefully separate the bottom of the cake from the pan. Use a sharp knife to assist in separating if needed. To serve, drizzle a plate with caramel sauce and place a slice of cake on top. Drizzle the cake with more fresh, homemade caramel, and enjoy!
How to ake Make Homemade Caramel Sauce
STEP ONE: Combine the brown sugar, butter, and cream in a saucepan over medium heat. Stir the ingredients for 5 minutes and then remove the pan from the heat.
STEP TWO: Add in the vanilla and salt and place the pan back on the stovetop for another 1-2 minutes. Place the Homemade Caramel Sauce into a mason jar or other heat-proof container and store any unused caramel in the fridge.
TIPS FOR SUCCESS
- This recipe is pretty forgiving in terms of cook time, but the cake should be slightly jiggly in the middle when you remove it from the oven.
- I usually make the caramel sauce while the cake is baking. Then they can both chill in the fridge overnight. If you want warm caramel sauce, just heat it up in the microwave right before serving the cake.
- You can top the whole cake with caramel and then add a little extra to the plate as well. Sometimes I’ll dust a little powdered sugar on top before topping with caramel. This cake is even more amazing with a scoop of ice cream to go along with it!
WHAT IS A FLOURLESS CAKE?
Whereas a traditional cake is more bread-like and spongy, a Flourless Chocolate Cake is more dense, creamy, and fudgy. One awesome thing about this flourless cake recipe is that the cake is gluten-free!
DOES FLOURLESS CAKE NEED TO BE REFRIGERATED?
This decadent cake can be covered and left out at room temperature without any issues. It will generally keep for 2-3 days this way. You can also cover it and place it in the refrigerator for up to 5 days. I recommend letting the cake come up to room temperature prior to serving it from the fridge. I usually cut a slice and let it sit out about 30 minutes before enjoying it.
OTHER AMAZING CAKE RECIPES
- Mini Raspberry Mousse Cakes
- Triple Chocolate Gooey Cake
- Banana Coconut Bundt Cake
- RumChata Poke Cake
- Texas Sheet Cake
- Butterfinger Cake
*This post was originally posted on 01/25/2014.
Flourless Chocolate Cake
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees F. Grease a 10-inch springform cake pan. Wrap the bottom of the pan is LOTS of foil to prevent any water from seeping in as the cake cooks. Set aside.
- Place a medium saucepan over medium heat. Pour in the water, coffee, sugar, and salt and stir to combine. Cook until the sugar and salt dissolve. Remove from the heat and set aside.
- Melt the chocolate in either a microwave-safe bowl or using a double boiler.
- Add chocolate to the bowl of a stand mixer or a large mixing bowl. Beat chocolate and then slowly add the butter, one piece at a time, while beating with the mixer.
- Once all butter is added slowly pour in the cooled coffee mixture. Beat in the eggs one at a time.
- Pour the chocolate mixture into the greased springform pan and then place it into a roasting pan. Pour boiling water into the roasting pan until it comes about halfway up the sides of the springform pan. (Do not remove the foil.)
- Bake for 45 minutes. Remove from the oven and chill in the pan in the fridge overnight.
- Before serving, dip the bottom of the springform pan in warm water (with the foil still intact). Run a sharp knife around the side of the pan to release the cake and remove the side of the pan. Cut the cake into 10 slices and then carefully separate the bottom of the cake from the pan.
- Drizzle a dessert plate with caramel sauce. Lay a piece of cake over the caramel and top with another drizzle. Dust the top of the cake with powdered sugar, if desired.
Homemade Caramel Sauce
- Combine the brown sugar, butter, and cream in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Stir for 5 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in the vanilla and salt.
- Place the saucepan back onto the heat and cook for an additional 1-2 minutes.
- Remove from heat and pour into an airtight heat-proof container. Store in the fridge until ready to use. (I make the sauce while the cake is baking so they can both chill in the fridge overnight.)