Cornbread Crusted Chicken with Bacon Jalapeno Popper Sauce is an easy to make dinner that’s packed with flavor and is sure to become your new favorite meal!
I’ve had an obsession with anything jalapeno and bacon for years. There’s just something about those flavors together that rubs me the right way. After making all kinds of delicious appetizers with these flavors, I’ve branched out into breakfast and dinner. This Cornbread Crusted Chicken with Bacon Jalapeno Popper Sauce might just be my new favorite dinner. It’s easy to make and the flavors are incredible!
CORNBREAD CRUSTED CHICKEN WITH BACON JALAPENO POPPER SAUCE
Love it? Pin it to your DINNER board to SAVE it!
Follow Real Housemoms on Pinterest for more great recipes!
My love for bacon and jalapeno originally started with my first Bacon Wrapped Jalapeno Popper. The combination of flavors was totally addicting for me! I started making the poppers for all our parties and they were always a huge hit. Then I planned a big dinner party at my house and wanted to serve the Cornbread Crusted Chicken with Bacon Jalapeno Popper Sauce recipe I’d found! I removed the seeds from the jalapenos so it wasn’t too spicy and more kid-friendly. The dinner was a huge hit and I’ve been making this dish ever since! This meal is sure to to become part of your regular meal rotation!
Want more Jalapeno and Bacon recipes?
- Bacon Jalapeno Deviled Eggs
- Bacon Jalapeno Popper Quiche
- Baked Jalapeno Popper Chicken Sliders
- Bacon Jalapeno Popper Twice Baked Potatoes
- Bacon Jalapeno Baked Potato Soup
- More Dinner Recipes…
Tools used in this Cornbread Crusted Chicken with Bacon Jalapeno Popper Sauce recipe
Large Skillet: This skillet is my go-to kitchen tool. It’s large circumference and high sides make it perfect for cooking anything from one pan meals to soups and sauces.
Tongs: A good pair of tongs is a kitchen essential. I like having a couple sizes – a longer set for grilling and a shorter set for stovetop cooking.
Breading Trays: I love these trays! The raised sides mean I don’t have to worry about flour, liquids, or breadcrumbs spilling on the counter and they make clean up so easy.
Wooden Spoon: Wooden spoons are a kitchen essential. I keep a bunch of them on hand for every meal from breakfast to dinner.
- 3 jalapenos seeded and chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 8 ounces cream cheese softened
- 3/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- In a skillet, fry the bacon over medium heat until crisp. Remove to a paper towel-lined plate to drain, and then chop the bacon once cool enough to touch.
- Set the skillet aside and save the bacon grease for making the sauce.
- In a bowl, combine cornmeal, chili powder, cumin, and salt.
- In another bowl, beat the egg.
- Dip each chicken breast in the beaten egg, then coat with the cornmeal mixture.
- Add vegetable oil to a large skillet over medium-high heat. Fry the chicken breasts until crispy and the juices run clear. Remove to a paper towel-lined plate.
- To the skillet with the bacon grease, add the jalapenos, salt, and pepper. Cook until softened
- Add garlic and cook and stir for about 30 seconds until fragrant.
- Stir in the chicken broth to deglaze the pan and then bring to a boil.
- Add the cream cheese and cook and stir until melted and smooth.
- Add cheddar cheese and chopped bacon to the sauce. Stir until the cheese melts
- Top the chicken with the sauce. Serve and enjoy.