I made these Honey Roasted Carrots for my husband and I the other day for an easy side with lunch. I’ve made Simple Maple Roasted Vegetables for dinner before but never just roasted carrots. I do love carrots, but really I usually eat them raw, or my Mom’s Candied Carrots at the holidays, or as a base to a soup. I’ve been missing out!!! They’re soooo good.
Honey Roasted Carrots are so easy to make also!!! So that pretty much makes them a new staple in my house. It tastes like you’re eating candy but it’s carrots! Roasting them caramelizes the natural sugars and the honey just throws them over the top. I like the combination of the salt and garlic with the sweetness of the honey. If you haven’t noticed that’s a favorite combination of mine. These carrots won a stamp of approval from my husband and I know that they’ll be a new favorite in your home too!
- 8 carrots peel and the tips cut off
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1/4 cup honey
- preheat the oven to 350 degrees
- place carrots on a baking sheet and toss with olive oil, making sure that they are completely coated
- sprinkle with salt, pepper and garlic powder and then rub the seasoning all over carrots
- place in oven and roast for 30 min
- turn each carrot and drizzle honey over the tops
- place back in the oven for an additional 15 minutes
- remove and serve hot
Download your FREE copy of Dinner Made Easy!
Sign up to receive our newsletter and download your copy of Dinner Made Easy FREE! You'll get one email a week with our favorite recipes and tools to make life easy!