I made these Honey Roasted Carrots for my husband and I the other day for an easy side with lunch. I’ve made Simple Maple Roasted Vegetables for dinner before but never just roasted carrots. I do love carrots, but really I usually eat them raw, or my Mom’s Candied Carrots at the holidays, or as a base to a soup. I’ve been missing out!!! They’re soooo good.
Honey Roasted Carrots are so easy to make also!!! So that pretty much makes them a new staple in my house. It tastes like you’re eating candy but it’s carrots! Roasting them caramelizes the natural sugars and the honey just throws them over the top. I like the combination of the salt and garlic with the sweetness of the honey. If you haven’t noticed that’s a favorite combination of mine. These carrots won a stamp of approval from my husband and I know that they’ll be a new favorite in your home too!
Real Housemoms TV
- 8 carrots peel and the tips cut off
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1/4 cup honey
- preheat the oven to 350 degrees
- place carrots on a baking sheet and toss with olive oil, making sure that they are completely coated
- sprinkle with salt, pepper and garlic powder and then rub the seasoning all over carrots
- place in oven and roast for 30 min
- turn each carrot and drizzle honey over the tops
- place back in the oven for an additional 15 minutes
- remove and serve hot