Turn all that gorgeous summer produce into a fabulous Meatless Monday meal with our Roasted Corn and Quinoa Salad!
One of my favorite things about living in the Pacific Northwest is all the amazing farmer’s markets we have around us. My Saturday morning ritual is to get up and head to the nearest farmer’s market and stock up on fresh produce. This time of year the fresh corn and tomatoes are pretty amazing. My husband got a new grill for Father’s Day and I have had so much fun with it. I think I may have actually bought it for myself!
My new favorite thing to cook on the grill is corn on the cob. Roasting corn on the grill is so easy and it tastes so much better. Before putting it on the grill I just slather it up in some butter and salt and pepper. It will take 10-15 minutes on the grill, depending on how hot your grill is. You want the kernels to start to char and you will hear them start to pop. Be sure and rotate the corn several times to get all the sides charred.
You can eat it right off the cob but because I always end up with it all over my face I like to cut it off the cob and add it into a yummy salad.
We are big quinoa fans at our house. It is so good for you and so versatile. Today I combined the roasted corn with some red quinoa (it just looks prettier), fresh cherry tomatoes, red onion, and some fresh avocado.
I used some of my yummy, creamy cilantro tomatillo dressing or you can purchase a store-bought cilantro dressing. Trader Joes has a good one. Give it a squeeze of lime juice and garnish it with some chopped cilantro and enjoy your bowl of deliciousness!
- 1 C quinoa cooked in 2 C of chicken broth
- 2 corn cobs roasted with corn kernels cut off
- 1 avocado diced into small pieces
- 2 C cherry tomatoes halved
- 1/2 C red onion diced
- 1/2 C Cilantro Tomatillo Dressing
- 1/3 C cilantro minced for garnish
- 1 lime
- Cook quinoa in chicken broth according to directions on pacakge.
- Cover corn with butter and salt and pepper.
- Roast on grill at high heat (400 degrees F), rotating cobs so all sides begin to char and kernals begin to pop.
- Remove from cob.
- Mix together quinoa, corn, avocado, tomatoes and red onion
- Add in dressing and stir to coat.
- Squeeze the juice of one lime over the top
- Garnish with additional cilantro
For more yummy recipes try these: