Hey everyone! Today I’m sharing with you an easy Halloween or fall gift idea that you can give as favors, handmade gifts, or you can leave it out in your house as a cute housewarming welcome!! This DIY Pumpkin Hand Soap tutorial will show you just how easy it is to make your own hand soaps and turn them into a cute little decoration!!
What you need:
- Block of cubed handsoap (sold at craft stores in different varieties)
- Soap colorings and scents (in orange (or red +yellow) and green)
- Soap molds (circular mold and one small leaf mold)
- 1 black marker
- 1 small wood “stem”
1. Gather all your supplies and start by breaking off about 5-6 cubes of soap and put them in a bowl. Microwave them for about 30 seconds until completely melted. Soap burns very quickly…so be certain not to over microwave.
2. Once it’s melted, add in your coloring and scents. I didn’t have orange, so I mixed about 6 drops of yellow to 2-3 drops of red to create my coloring. Then added in about 5-6 drops of “Mango Peach” scent for the soap and stirred well.
3. Once it’s ready to go, pour into your mold(s) and place in the fridge or freezer for about 10-15 minutes until firm. Then pop them out of the mold.
4. I used a little bit of spare melted wax and used it to hold my green leaf in place and I cut off a piece of faux birch I had and made a little stump for the stem. Finally, I used a black marker and drew on a pumpkin face just for fun (won’t hurt anyone and will wipe off easily).
Believe it or not…this takes all of 20-25 minutes to make and they’re so good smelling and fun to make!! Next up on my list…candy corn handsoap! 🙂
Leave a Reply