Bring a little more fun into your summer with these 25 Summer Crafts and Projects! From the beach to the backyard, you’ll find it all!
Finding things for the family to do during the summer can be hard. Some days it’s just too darn hot out. Other days it’s so nice you want to be outside, but want something new to do. These 25 Summer Crafts and Projects will help beat the summer break blues! You’ll find fun ways to use water, kids crafts they’ll adore, adult projects, printables to make your day extra fun, and backyard games that’ll have the whole neighborhood wanting to hang out! You’re going o want to try each one of the projects!!
25 SUMMER CRAFTS AND PROJECTS
Love it? Pin it to your SUMMER board to SAVE it!
Follow Real Housemoms on Pinterest for more great recipes!
Get ready for a fun day at the beach, or wishing you were there, with these fun summer crafts and projects!
- Squirt Gun Painting – Every kid on the planet loves squirt guns! Add some watercolors and you’ll have a slew of new art for your house!
- How to Make a Leak Proof Water Blob – This thing is SO cool! Bounce on it, flop, or just lounge. It’s like an outdoor water bed and everyone is going to want to lay on it!
- DIY Beach Pillow & Towel Bag – An all in one bag for catching some sun! Take it to the pool or the beach!
- DIY Sponge Water Bombs – Soak these little guys in some water and have a water bomb fight! They’re super fun in the pool too!
- Sidewalk Chalk Paint – Turn your sidewalk chalk pieces into washable paint for your kids!
Break the boredom and get the kids doing one of these fun summer crafts and projects!
- Popsicle Stick Birdfeeder – So bright and fun! My kids love making these every year!
- Easy Paracord Snakes – Prank your friends with these fun homemade snakes! The best part is, they can be used for all kinds of things when unraveled!
- DIY Air Fort Tent – Remember parachute day in P.E. when you were a kid? This fort is like that, only better!!
- Water Bottle Wind Spirals – This is such a fun way to reuse water bottles when you finish them! The light makes the colors look so pretty!
- DIY Shark Mittens – Hand puppets are always a hit at my house. Keep it summer themed with this fun shark!
- DIY Fruit Fans – A paper fan is great way to cool off on a warm day, but these fruit-themed fans scream summer!
Love spending your summer in the backyard? Then you’ll love these summer crafts and projects!
- Personalized $1 Spot Beach Tote – One bag, one dollar, a few upgrades, and boom! You have a new favorite beach or pool tote for summer!
- DIY Weathered Summer Pallet Sign – How cute is this sign?! I love all the bright colors!
- Tie Dye Cabana Curtains – Give your patio a little upgrade with these pretty curtains. They’ll filter the sunlight and leave you with a gorgeous pop of color!
- DIY Wooden Picnic Chargers – Customize these chargers with your favorite summer words to add a little flair to your cookouts – and support those paper plates loaded with food!
These fun summer projects are great for road trips, play dates, and finding new fun things to do all summer long!
- Summer Bucket List – Plan your whole summer and challenge your family to check everything off this list!
- Make Your Own Popsicle Stand – Everything you need to start your own popsicle stand! Or you can keep it classic with a lemonade stand!
- Free Kid’s Road Trip Printable Activities – I loved road trips to California as a kid. These printables turn any trip into an adventure without a screen in everyone’s faces!
- Memory Matching Game – This super cute game it great to keep on hand all summer long. Bust it out whenever the family is getting bored!
- Bug Scavenger Hunt – Love to get outside when the weather’s nice? Turn your walk into a nature hike with this printable!
Start some new summer projects to dress up your space!
- Backyard Deck Giant Boardgame – Turn your standard board game vibes into the most fun backyard frolick ever!!
- Giant Connect 4 – Who doesn’t love a giant-sized game? This DIY Connect 4 only needs a few pieces of supplies that are super cheap and easy to find!
- DIY PVC Pipe Ladder Golf Game – The whole family loves this one. Teach the kids a new game they’ll play for years!
- Giant Jenga – I said giant was better! Add some paint on the ends for a summer look!
- Painted Tic-Tac-Toe Rocks – Kids love to paint and this game lets them customize their pieces. You can even paint the gameboard right on the storage bag to take this game to go, or grab some chalk and draw a tic-tac-toe board on the porch!
OUR FAVORITE TOOLS TO MAKE THESE SUMMER PROJECTS
- Squirt Guns
- Paper Plates
- Plastic Tablecloth
- Wood Blocks
- Acrylic Paint
- Duck Tape
If you enjoyed these recipes you may also enjoy our collection of