I love earrings and I love Halloween, so it only makes sense that I show you some cool Halloween inspired DIY Festive Skull Earrings that you can wear all year long!
So dears friends, welcome to another edition of me giving fall crafts a try! Well….. let me clarify, fall fashion related crafts. Because I love to make stuff and I love fashion and if you follow my posts on here, I kiiinda do a lot of fashion tutorials. As much as I love to craft, I feel like there are already a ton of great craft bloggers out there but what about us ladies that want to craft ourselves without overly looking crafty? Furthermore, how many mores times can I use the word craft in this paragraph before my old English professors cringe and write me hate mail – yikes, sorry! (craft,craft,craft)
DIY FESTIVE SKULL EARRINGS
Like this post? Pin it to your HALLOWEEN pinboard!
Follow Real Housemoms on Pinterest
Do you think there’s a way to dress up for the holidays without being a cliché? Well, dang it, we’re gonna find out because I, Riva la Diva, your devoted fashionista DIYer extraordinaire (say that 5 times fast), am going get all crafty on ya! “Fashionably Festive” will be our favorite F-words for the next few months; if we are taking the time to craft – it better look cool all year long. This month,
DIY Festive Skull Earrings
When I was preparing for this post, I was reminded of the post I did last year, see here: DIY Candy Skull Earrings! I am Hispanic, so Candy Skulls and all that entails is mucho fun this time of year. Additionally, tassels are tres chic this season and I want to jump on that bandwagon and ride it into the sunset! So when I spotted these dope turquoise skull stone beads at my nearest craft store and reminisced of my love affair with tassels, I instantly thought: SIGN ME UP.
So I did and I’m gonna sign you up because they are so cool! Here’s what you need:
- Skull Beads
- Embroidery Floss (yellow, black, and magenta)
- French Hook Earring Wires
- Eye Pins
- Needle (for embroidery floss)
- Pliers: Round Nose, Wire Cutter, and Serrated Jaw
- Make your tassels. You can find DIY Tassel tutorials on Pinterest or the post I did that’s very thorough and step by step, HERE.
- Once you have your tassels made, instead of attaching them right away to the French earring hook, you will secure it to a, eye pin. Right inside the little loop.
- Then, add your skull bead to the pin and secure it in place by using your pliers to wrap the wire to create a new loop, as seen HERE.
- Finally, open your French Earring Hook loop by twisting it sideways, slide on your bead and tassel combo and close the loop with your pliers.
I really loved the final look of these skull earrings and that I can easily wear them throughout the year. It’s also great starting out point for future earring ideas because you can easily make more with different bead options! So stop reading this post and go make these earrings happen, ha!
Thanks so much for stopping by and hope you have the most festively glamorous day!
gối massage says
Thank your . I love your blog