Bring the spring blooms inside. Brighten up your home decor with a lovely and easy to create SPRING MAGNOLIA CENTERPIECE!
A couple of years ago I created this DIY Pallet Wood Centerpiece Box that is perfect for our long, farmhouse-style table. I love the versatility of this box and I can swap out decor for each season or holiday. For Thanksgiving it was filled with candles and mini pumpkins. For Christmas, it was holly and greenery. Earlier this year I shared our Easy Winter Centerpiece that I created with candles and pinecones, and today I’m sharing how I switched out the winter neutrals for spring blooms to lighten things up!
To make the switch to spring is so simple! Grab your favorite blooms and greenery, some floral foam and you’re well on your way to filling your centerpiece box with spring goodness!
Real Housemoms TV
What you’ll need:
- Centerpiece box or basket
- Floral foam bricks
- Magnolia stems (with leaves)
- Green moss
- Floral wire cutters
And the steps:
- Using your floral wire cutters, cut your magnolia stems with about an inch and a half of stem, depending on the size and depth of your centerpiece box.
- Then cut your floral foam bricks to fit inside your centerpiece box.
- Arrange your magnolia stems by pressing them into the floral foam blocks inside your centerpiece box.
- Once all the magnolias are added to your liking, go back and fill in with leaf stems you also snip from your magnolia stems.
- Once all your magnolias and leaves are added, go back in and add green moss between the floral foam and your flowers. This fills in the centerpiece and now you won’t have any pesky foam or stems showing through.
- Once all of your elements are added, arrange them a bit until the centerpiece is to your liking.
And just like that, you’ve transitioned your centerpiece box into an easy Spring Magnolia Centerpiece that is bright and blooming!
So simple and clean and you know, it makes me smile each and every day. And if that’s not perfect for spring, I don’t know what is! If you don’t have a centerpiece box like we do, you can use a number of items you might just have on hand like a beautiful bowl or basket!
If you liked this easy DIY, be sure to head over to A Night Owl for more! If you’re looking for more DIY decor, be sure to check out some of our favorite projects like our Easy Hydrangea Wreath or DIY Flocked Wreath! Say hi if you drop by!
Download Your Free Copy!
Download your FREE copy of Dinner Made Easy!
Sign up to receive our newsletter and download your copy of Dinner Made Easy FREE! You'll get one email a week with our favorite recipes and tools to make life easy!