This year I’ve made it a goal to replace our holiday decor with winter decor that will keep our house feeling cozy and lived in during these chilly months, like out EASY WINTER CENTERPIECE!
A couple of years ago I created this DIY Pallet Wood Centerpiece Box that is perfect for our long, farmhouse style table. I love the versatility of this box and I can swap out decor for each season or holiday.
For Thanksgiving it was filled with candles and mini pumpkins, for Christmas it was holly and greenery. To make the switch to winter is actually fairly simple and if you decorated for fall and the holidays, you likely have most of what you need on hand! You can still use greenery, wood tones, and neutrals. For this particular winter centerpiece I chose to use birch-style candles, Spanish moss and pinecones, all of which have a woodsy feel to them. Perfect for winter!
What you’ll need:
- Centerpiece box or basket
- Candles (rustic in style is best)
- Spanish moss
And the steps:
- Arrange the candles in your centerpiece to your liking.
- Add Spanish moss in between the candles, filling the bottom of your box or basket. Don’t pack it down as you’ll want the moss to peek out after you’ve added in your pinecones.
- Once you’ve added the moss, toss in some pinecones!
- Once all of your elements are added, arrange them a bit until the centerpiece is to your liking.
And just like that, you’ve transitioned your holiday decor into an Easy Winter Centerpiece that is still warm and inviting. I hate losing that glow of the holidays and if you’re like me, than this is an easy way to keep your space full, decorated – lived in.
And if you don’t have a centerpiece box like we do, you can use a number of items you might just have on hand like a beautiful bowl or basket! Fill them with the same elements here for a similar look and feel!
If you liked this easy DIY, be sure to head over to A Night Owl for more! If you’re looking for more DIY decor, be sure to check out some of our favorite projects like our Easy Hydrangea Wreath or DIY Flocked Wreath! Say hi if you drop by!