Post sponsored by Mirum. All opinions are 100% my own.
Have a Fun Dinosaur Party to remember with these easy ideas and free printables! Perfect for the dino lover in your life!
When it comes it throwing a party I like to go all out. I put up decorations, put out themed food, have games for the kids, and anything else I can think of. Over the years I’ve learned that keeping things simple or going with semi-homemade foods is a big stress reliever. I’d find myself working up until the last minute every time we had a birthday party. Luckily with Yummy Dino Buddies, some free printables from a dino party set, and a few fun ideas you can have a party to remember that’s a breeze to host!
Real Housemoms TV
FUN DINOSAUR PARTY IDEAS & PRINTABLES
Like this recipe? Pin it to your KIDS pinboard!
Follow Real Housemoms on Pinterest
My boys love a good birthday party. Every year when we’re getting close, I let them pick a theme and we run with it. I hop on Pinterest for inspiration and start planning a menu they’ll love. It’s one of my favorite mom things to do. However, I’m not that perfect party table kind of lady. I usually serve things buffet style on our kitchen counters or a side table so everyone can still eat at the dining room table. While we put up dinosaur party decorations around the house and have something fun for the kids to do, I’m all about the food.
Dinosaur Themed Party Food Ideas
One of the easiest ways to bring together a party theme, apart from decorations, is fun food! You’ll find a bunch of different food labels in this dinosaur party printable set. Below are suggested options for each of the pre-made labels, but feel free to give these options your own spin or create your own ideas with the write-in labels.
- Yummy Dino Buddies
- Dino Eggs – deviled eggs
- Pterodactyl Wings – chicken wings
- Stego Sandwiches – ham or turkey sandwiches cut into small squares
- Lava – Colby jack cheese blocks
- Dino Bones – pretzel sticks or rods
- Dinosaur Eggs – green and red grapes
- Dino Scales – potato chips
- Bronto Bites – carrot sticks, celery sticks, and bell pepper slices in cups with ranch dressing
- Dino Toe-Nail – triangle shaped chips
- Tar Pits – chocolate pudding layered with crushed chocolate cookies with toy dinosaurs stuck in the top
- Fossil Cookies – sugar cookies with a footprint or a dino pressed into it
- Dino Eggs – rice cereal treats formed into an egg shape
- Swap Water – lemon-lime drink mix (made following package directions) mixed with lemon-lime soda
- Dino Poop – chocolate candy pieces (round or clusters) with a dino. Place in a plastic baggie, fold label over top, and staple in place. These work great for dinosaur party favors or a party treat.
- Volcano Cake – if you’re feeling adventurous, this would be an amazing addition to your party spread!
The kids ran around like dinosaurs all afternoon and loved every minute of it. They followed the dinosaur footprints all over the house, stalking around. The winner of the ‘guess how many dinos in the jar’ won all the dinosaurs. I think next time I’m going to have a dinosaur dig for the toys in a bin with some sand.
I love that Yummy Dino Buddies are a mealtime solution I can count on my kids devour. Even my picky-saurus digs right into the boneless, skinless white chicken breast meat nuggets packed with protein and Omega-3. It doesn’t hurt that the Dinosaur-Shaped Chicken Breast Nuggets fit perfectly into our party theme. It’s pretty dino-mite! (You see what I did there?)
We had so much fun at our Dino Day party I’m thinking about having another one next year. Our friends who came over are already planning a dinosaur birthday party for their son later this year will all the easy dinosaur party ideas they saw.
I love finding new and fun ways to incorporate Yummy Dino Buddies into our meals. You can head on over to the Yummy Dino Buddies Facebook page where you can meet all the dinos and find fun coloring pages and quizzes for the kids to do at your party. Find Yummy Dino Buddies at your local grocery store using the store locator. Soon your kids will be asking for dinos for lunch and dinner too!
Included in this printable set and paper suggestions
- Water Bottle Wraps – printer paper
- Party Invitations – cardstock
- Food Label Tents (pre-made and blank) – cardstock
- Dinosaur Diet Tents – cardstock
- Dino Footprints – printer paper or cardstock
- Treat Bag Toppers – cardstock
Download your FREE copy of Dinner Made Easy!
Sign up to receive our newsletter and download your copy of Dinner Made Easy FREE! You'll get one email a week with our favorite recipes and tools to make life easy!