Gruyere, Jalapeño and Ham Sandwiches on Pretzel Bread are sure to be the star of your game day spread!
Fall means a few things to me, everything that surrounds warm lattes, boots and football foods! While I enjoy football, I am really there for the food! Finger foods, endless cheesy dips and handheld sandwiches are a requirement for any tailgate party if I would say.
Real Housemoms TV
A family favorite is these ham sammies that my sister in law introduced us to. Ham and swiss slathered in a butter sauce then baked. I am sure everyone has had a version. But these Gruyere, Jalapeño and Ham Sandwiches on Pretzel Bread rival them! The spicy jalapeño to the smoked gruyere, to the honey baked ham all on a sweet and salty pretzel roll. They are a winning combination!
I chose to make my own pretzel rolls since I discovered how simple making your own pretzel bread truly was! But feel free to buy pretzel rolls or sliders if time is of the essence. Then I layered on sweet, honey baked ham, sweet and spicy jalapenos and layered it all with creamy, smoked gruyere! Let the cheese melt and layer it onto a toasted pretzel roll.
So simple yet oh so delicious!
- 8 pretzel rolls or pretzel sliders
- 1/4 cup honey mustard
- 1 pound honey baked ham sliced thin
- 1 cup shredded gruyere cheese
- 1/3 cup bottled sweet and spicy jalapenos or regular bottled jalapenos
- Slice the pretzel rolls in half. Toast in a toaster or on a skillet.
- When toasted, spread each bottom half with 1/2 tablespoon honey mustard.
- Meanwhile, in a skillet, add the ham in a thin layer and heat through. In the last minute, top with the shredded gruyere cheese.
- Once ham is warm and cheese is melted, divide between the bottom halves of the rolls.
- Top with jalapenos and other roll half.
- Serve and enjoy!
Download your FREE copy of Dinner Made Easy!
Sign up to receive our newsletter and download your copy of Dinner Made Easy FREE! You'll get one email a week with our favorite recipes and tools to make life easy!