Gruyere, Jalapeño and Ham Sandwiches on Pretzel Bread are sure to be the star of your game day spread!
Fall means a few things to me, everything that surrounds warm lattes, boots and football foods! While I enjoy football, I am really there for the food! Finger foods, endless cheesy dips and handheld sandwiches are a requirement for any tailgate party if I would say.
Real Housemoms TV
A family favorite is these ham sammies that my sister in law introduced us to. Ham and swiss slathered in a butter sauce then baked. I am sure everyone has had a version. But these Gruyere, Jalapeño and Ham Sandwiches on Pretzel Bread rival them! The spicy jalapeño to the smoked gruyere, to the honey baked ham all on a sweet and salty pretzel roll. They are a winning combination!
I chose to make my own pretzel rolls since I discovered how simple making your own pretzel bread truly was! But feel free to buy pretzel rolls or sliders if time is of the essence. Then I layered on sweet, honey baked ham, sweet and spicy jalapenos and layered it all with creamy, smoked gruyere! Let the cheese melt and layer it onto a toasted pretzel roll.
So simple yet oh so delicious!
- 8 pretzel rolls or pretzel sliders
- 1/4 cup honey mustard
- 1 pound honey baked ham sliced thin
- 1 cup shredded gruyere cheese
- 1/3 cup bottled sweet and spicy jalapenos or regular bottled jalapenos
- Slice the pretzel rolls in half. Toast in a toaster or on a skillet.
- When toasted, spread each bottom half with 1/2 tablespoon honey mustard.
- Meanwhile, in a skillet, add the ham in a thin layer and heat through. In the last minute, top with the shredded gruyere cheese.
- Once ham is warm and cheese is melted, divide between the bottom halves of the rolls.
- Top with jalapenos and other roll half.
- Serve and enjoy!
Download Your Free Copy!
Download your FREE copy of Dinner Made Easy!
Sign up to receive our newsletter and download your copy of Dinner Made Easy FREE! You'll get one email a week with our favorite recipes and tools to make life easy!