Slow Cooker Nectarine Applesauce that is sweetened with apple juice instead of sugar. An easy and healthy treat!
This week I made this beautiful Slow Cooker Nectarine Applesauce. Applesauce is one of the best things to make in the slow cooker. I love how I can throw the ingredients in slow cooker in the morning, and in the evening its all done. All I have to do is stir and I have healthy snacks recipes all week long.
I made this sugar-free by sweetening with apple juice instead of sugar. I was a little weary that the apple juice wouldn’t sweeten this sauce enough, but it did awesome! The texture of the nectarines turned out a little chunkier than the apples, which is great because the nectarines have a pop of sweetness and great flavor. I had planned on freezing some of this, but every time I opened my fridge I ladled out myself a big bowl until it was gone!
Try it, you’ll like it! I promise! 🙂 It’s one of my family’s favorite from my collection of best crock pot recipes!
Get more great recipes like this one on our Real Housemoms Side Dish pin board!
- 3 lbs. apples any variety peeled, cored and sliced
- 2 lbs. nectarines peeled, pitted, and sliced
- 1/2 cup apple juice
- Combine everything in a 6-quart slow cooker. Cover and cook on LOW for 8 hours.
- When the cooking time is done, take a whisk and break apart the apples and nectarines, but be careful not to scratch your slow cooker while doing this.
- Serve hot, or chilled.
- Note- This is not a canning recipe. I used up all this sauce within a few days, If I had not used it all, I would of froze it in freezer safe jars.
You may also like: Slow Coker John Wayne Casserole
Download Your Free Copy!
Download your FREE copy of Dinner Made Easy!
Sign up to receive our newsletter and download your copy of Dinner Made Easy FREE! You'll get one email a week with our favorite recipes and tools to make life easy!