Slow Cooker Nectarine Applesauce that is sweetened with apple juice instead of sugar. An easy and healthy treat!
This week I made this beautiful Slow Cooker Nectarine Applesauce. Applesauce is one of the best things to make in the slow cooker. I love how I can throw the ingredients in slow cooker in the morning, and in the evening its all done. All I have to do is stir and I have healthy snacks recipes all week long.
I made this sugar-free by sweetening with apple juice instead of sugar. I was a little weary that the apple juice wouldn’t sweeten this sauce enough, but it did awesome! The texture of the nectarines turned out a little chunkier than the apples, which is great because the nectarines have a pop of sweetness and great flavor. I had planned on freezing some of this, but every time I opened my fridge I ladled out myself a big bowl until it was gone!
Try it, you’ll like it! I promise! 🙂 It’s one of my family’s favorite from my collection of best crock pot recipes!
Get more great recipes like this one on our Real Housemoms Side Dish pin board!
- 3 lbs. apples (any variety) peeled, cored and sliced
- 2 lbs. nectarines, peeled, pitted, and sliced
- 1/2 cup apple juice
- Combine everything in a 6-quart slow cooker. Cover and cook on LOW for 8 hours.
- When the cooking time is done, take a whisk and break apart the apples and nectarines, but be careful not to scratch your slow cooker while doing this.
- Serve hot, or chilled.
- Note- This is not a canning recipe. I used up all this sauce within a few days, If I had not used it all, I would of froze it in freezer safe jars.
You may also like: Slow Coker John Wayne Casserole