OVERNIGHT COCONUT OATMEAL is a super easy, healthy, and delicious breakfast recipe for busy weekday mornings. Your kids will LOVE it as much as you do!
Friends! I’ve been on a serious oatmeal kick this month, and I’ve been super excited to share this recipe with you. And by ‘recipe’ I mean 2 ingredients and almost no work at all. For reals. I’m thinking maybe we should plant this post in the DIY/ make your morning easy category since calling it a recipe feels a little too generous a term.
BTW … if you’re big-time into healthy and easy to make recipes make sure you sign up here so I can send you 2-3 new awesome recipes each week. Some of my favorite recipes that I like to share are crockpot, kid-friendly, and comfort classics with a healthy twist. 🙂
Aaand back to this overnight coconut oatmeal. Here’s what you’re going to do:
- Open a can of coconut milk and grab the oats from your pantry.
- Mix the two together (with a little honey, if you’d like) and scoop it into Mason jars.
- Put the Mason jars in your fridge.
- Sleep well knowing you have breakfast sorted!
Have you had overnight oatmeal before? I know, I know … it’s been floating around here on the internet for a bazillion years already, but have you actually tried it? I’m always the last one to jump on the hottest new trend train so overnight oats are a new thing for me. Better late than never!
They’re totally different from regular, cooked oatmeal. Normally, oatmeal takes on a sticky, gummy texture after it’s been cooked. I always add lots of extra water or milk to my oatmeal to try and get rid of that gooey-ness. With overnight oats, you don’t get that. Each of the oats remains intact and simply swells and softens after their long soak in coconut milk. It’s my newest, favorite way to eat oats. 🙂
If you love your oatmeal as much as I do, make sure to stop by The Endless Meal and check out all the delicious oatmeal recipes I have over there!
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 1 cup canned coconut milk
- 2 teaspoons maple syrup or honey
- unsweetened shredded coconut berries, bananas, chia seeds, hemp hearts, granola, chopped nuts
- In a medium size bowl mix the rolled oats and coconut milk with 1 cup of water. If you're using, add the maple syrup or honey.
- Divide the overnight coconut oatmeal between 4 1-cup mason jars or small bowls. Cover and leave in your fridge overnight.
- In the morning, enjoy the oatmeal cold with any or all of the toppings.