I first tried this recipe at one of a million potlucks that used to be held at one of my last companies. (You were lucky to get out of there with only 5 extra pounds.) My boss made this and I couldn’t get enough. Well, this idea. I have since changed somethings out of necessity. (I couldn’t find the spices she used.) I make this for every party where I need to feed large numbers of people. It is very good and very simple to make. The best part is that I can make it a day or two ahead of my party and it is perfect! Try it and let me know what you think!
- 1 lb. elbow pasta
- 1 red onion about 1 1/2 c., chopped
- 2 c. chopped dill pickles. you want to do this yourself, not relish
- 2 c. shredded Colby Jack Cheese
- 2-2.25 oz cans sliced olives I used black but use green if you'd like
- cook pasta according to directions on the box then drain and rinse with cold water and add to large bowl
- add onion, pickles, cheese, and sliced olives
- in a small bowl combine, mayo, mustard, pickle juice, salt, pepper, garlic and onion powder.
- mix sauce into pasta and toss