The luscious layers in Strawberry Cheesecake Parfait make this the perfect no-bake summertime treat for all of your BBQs and get-togethers!
Strawberry Cheesecake Parfaits are some of the best summer treats and are easy to make, too, since you don’t need to turn on the oven to make any of these incredible layers! Sweet strawberries, a tangy cheesecake filling, and buttery graham cracker layers are the ideal way to celebrate at any get-together.
Everybody Likes Parfaits
Everyone loves a good no-bake dessert in the summer and these Strawberry Cheesecake Parfaits are like an 11 on a scale of 1-10! We love cheesecake but there is no way I’m spending my beautiful summer days indoors with a hot oven so these parfaits taste even more incredible because of the short amount of time it takes to make them and that I get to kick back on the patio and enjoy them with the family. The sweet creaminess of this dessert hits the spot at every summer BBQ we have.
Other Recipes to Serve with Strawberry Cheesecake Parfait
- Pour all of the best flavors of summer into your glass with a Strawberry Watermelon Lemonade Slushie– make a couple of pitchers while you’re at it!
- Strawberry Sorbet is a hugely refreshing sweet treat that is easy to make and keep on hand throughout the summer.
Strawberries: Strawberries are the star of this dessert, so be sure to pick up plenty at the store or farmers market.
Graham Cracker Crust: You will need graham crackers, melted butter, and granulated sugar to make the crust.
Cheesecake Filling: To make the filling, you will need two bricks of softened cream cheese, vanilla bean paste, and a container of whipped topping, such as Cool Whip.
How to Make Strawberry Cheesecake Parfait
STEP ONE: Dice the strawberries and add them to a medium bowl. Sprinkle sugar over the berries and stir. Let the berries rest.
STEP TWO: Using a food processor or blender, pulse the graham crackers until they are crumbs. Pour the crumbs into a bowl and mix them well with the melted butter and sugar.
STEP THREE: In a stand mixer or a bowl with beaters, beat the cream cheese until fluffy. Mix in the whipped topping and vanilla bean paste. Taste the filling and add a little sugar if you prefer a sweeter taste.
STEP FOUR: To assemble the parfaits, set out four jars or tall glasses. Add a layer of graham cracker crust, followed by a layer of cheesecake filling and a layer of strawberries. Repeat with another layer of graham cracker crust, a layer of cheesecake filling, then a large dollop of whipped topping, and a sprinkling of strawberries. You can serve the parfaits immediately or keep them refrigerated until you are ready to serve.
Tips for Success
- You can absolutely dive into these delicious treats as soon as they are assembled, but if you can, let them chill in the fridge for at least 15 minutes so everything gets nice and cool, which makes it even better on a hot day!
- When making these parfaits ahead of time, leave the whipped topping and strawberry garnish off until you are ready to serve. This will prevent the whipped topping from going flat.
- An easy way to layer the cheesecake filling is to use a piping bag so you get nice clean lines. If you don’t have a piping bag, you can also spoon the filling into a ziplock bag with the bottom of one corner cut off and pipe it that way or simply use a spoon to add the cheesecake layer.
Can I make a different kind of crust for these parfaits?
Graham crackers make a wonderful and traditional crust, but there are a few other tasty options you could use as well. Chocolate and strawberries are a popular combination, so making a crushed Oreo crust would be one delicious option. A sweeter choice would be to make a crust of crushed vanilla wafers. Just like with the graham crackers, these cookies would be pulsed in a food processor until they are crumbs, and then melted butter can be added to hold the crumbs together. Each of these options makes delicious parfaits, so you can change it up each time you make these sweet layered desserts!
Can I use other fruit besides strawberries?
Fruit and cheesecake go hand in hand, so there are a lot of different fruits you can use in these parfaits! Any type of berry that you like can be used, like blueberries, blackberries, or raspberries, or try a mixed berry combination. When fresh peaches are in season those can be used, or try canned peaches when they’re out of season. Bring in some tropical vibes and add chunks of mango or coconut flakes. Cheesecake parfaits are pretty versatile, so you can have fun mixing and matching crusts and toppings and find your favorite combinations!
More sweet fruit desserts for a cool summer!
- No-Bake Raspberry Cheesecake Mousse
- No-Bake Peach Chiffon Pie
- No-Bake Berry Icebox Cake
- Lemon Trifle
- No-Bake Cherry Cheesecake
- 16 strawberries hulled and diced
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 1 sleeve graham crackers
- ½ cup unsalted butter melted
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- 8 ounces cream cheese softened
- 8 ounces Cool Whip thawed (1 tub)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract or vanilla bean paste
- 4 strawberries cut in half
- Whipped cream or Cool Whip for serving
- Toss the diced strawberries with 1 tablespoon of sugar in a medium bowl. Set aside to macerate.
- Add the graham crackers to the bowl of a food processor and pulse until they become crumbs. You should have around 1 1/2 cups of graham cracker crumbs. (see note)
- Mix the graham cracker crumbs with the melted butter and 1/4 cup sugar in a mixing bowl until evenly moistened and well combined. Set aside.
- With a hand mixture, beat the cream cheese in a large mixing bowl until light and fluffy. Add in the Cool Whip and vanilla and mix until combined.
- Spoon half of the graham cracker mixture evenly into the bottom of each mason jar. Divide half of the strawberries between the jar. Divide half of the cream cheese mixture between the jars. Repeat these layers, in the same order, with the remaining ingredients.
- Top each parfait with a dollop of whipped cream and two strawberry halves. Serve immediately. (If you're serving the parfaits later, chill them in the fridge and wait to add the garnish on top until just before serving.)