Make the morning rush a little easier with 25 Back to School Lunch Ideas! They’re easy to make, kids love ’em & you can feel good about what you packed up!
It’s almost time for the kids to head back to school. With that comes serious lunch planning so they’re, hopefully, not having sandwiches every day of the week. My boys like to opt for lunch from home over hot lunch at school and these 25 Back to School Lunch Ideas have been a lifesaver! Many of these lunch ideas for school can be made ahead of time or prepped the night before so assembly in the morning is easy. There are a bunch of healthy school lunch ideas and few that are a more of a special lunch. Because what kid doesn’t think pizza is one of the best kids school lunch ideas ever?! There’s a month worth of recipes ready to give you a helping hand!
25 BACK TO SCHOOL LUNCH IDEAS
Like these recipes? Pin them to your KIDS pinboard!
Follow Real Housemoms on Pinterest
Sandwiches are a mainstay for school lunches at my house. These flavor combinations are always a hit with my kids!
- Lighter Sonoma Almond Chicken Salad Sliders – A little fancy, but great flavor and loaded with all kinds of goodness!
- Tuna Pita Pockets – Who says tuns is boring?!
- Crustless Freezer Sandwiches – Stop paying a lot for the store bought version! My kids even like these better.
- Buffalo Style Turkey Panini with Apples and Blue Cheese – If your kids love hot wing dip, they are going to freak out for this sandwich!
- California Veggie Sandwich – Fill ’em up with good stuff to energize them for the day!
There’s just something super fun about bite-sized food. These recipes will keep your kids coming back for more!
- Greek Chicken Mac ‘n Cheese Muffins – My kids ask for this everyone couple of weeks. They’re a favorite at our house!
- 3 Cheese Whole Wheat Pizza Bites – What kid doesn’t like to dip their food? I love the whole wheat dough!
- Ham and Mac and Cheese Lunchbox Muffins – You should see the smiles that happen when these are in a lunchbox!
- Caramelized Apple and Fennel, Pork Sausage Rolls – Meaty and crazy good!
- Pepperoni Pizza Puffs – Everyone loves pizza for lunch! And just look at that gooey cheese!!
No matter how you fill ’em, these wrap recipes are perfect for school lunches and oh so fun!
- Ranch Ham Roll Ups – Simple and delicious. A great idea when they’re over sandwiches!
- Mexican Tortilla Pinwheels – We love Mexican food and these colorful roll ups are a great lunch idea!
- Peanut Butter Banana Wraps – Peanut butter + fruit = seriously yumminess!
- Turkey Ranch Roll Ups – I have to pack extra when I make these. My boys devour them!
- Banana Nutella Roll Ups – A great little treat instead of a dessert for lunch time!
Do you kids love hot lunch? Send them to school with their very own warm and delicious lunch!
- Cheese, Onion and Potato Pasties – The best hot pocket your kids will ever have!
- Mickey Mouse Pizza – My kids loved getting a Disney surprise at lunch. Change out the toppings for their favorite pizza combo!
- Homemade Spaghettios – Forget the canned stuff and make your own!
- Simple Homemade Pretzel Dogs – These are so good I make extra for my lunch too!
- Grilled Chicken Veggie Bowls – Easy to put together and great when you’re meal prepping for the week!
I love these healthy and easy sides to accompany my kids’ lunches!
- Baked Cauli-Tots – Cheesy and oh so good! Who needs potatoes?!
- Baked Apple Chips – Sprinkled with cinnamon these apple chips are awesome!
- Baked Sweet Potato Chips – These chips are completely addicting!
- Homemade Strawberry Rollups Fruit Leather – You’d be surprised how easy these are to make!
- Ants on a Log 2.0 – So many great ways to top fruit and veggies!
OUR FAVORITE TOOLS TO MAKE THESE Back to School Lunches
If you enjoyed these recipes you may also enjoy our collection of
Download Your Free Copy!
Download your FREE copy of Dinner Made Easy!
Sign up to receive our newsletter and download your copy of Dinner Made Easy FREE! You'll get one email a week with our favorite recipes and tools to make life easy!