A family favorite gets a tasty twist with these Greek Chicken Mac ‘n Cheese Muffins!
I always seem to be on a mission to get my family to try foods that I know they wouldn’t normally choose on their own. Greek food happens to be one of those such foods. In their defense, it isn’t a type of cuisine that they get to experience very often. Greek restaurants aren’t the norm in our little town. In fact, you would have to drive 45 minutes to the north to get to a decent Greek restaurant around here. When I lived in a bigger city, there seemed to be a Greek restaurant on every other corner. It was there that I first experienced Greek food for myself and fell in love with it.
I figured the best way to get anyone to try a new cuisine is to disguise it in a dish that they already love. I mean, who doesn’t love mac ‘n cheese? And to make it even more fun and irresistible, why not make it into a fun muffin form? I combined Greek yogurt, chicken, macaroni, olives, artichoke hearts, and feta cheese in these Greek Chicken Mac ‘n Cheese Muffins. Not only are they tasty, but they are healthy snacks recipes too!
Which cuisine or ethnic dish would you make into fun mac ‘n cheese muffins to get your family to try it?
- 2 cups of uncooked elbow macaroni cooked to the package directions
- 2 cups of cooked chicken chopped
- 1 cup plain nonfat Greek yogurt
- ⅔ cup jarred roasted red peppers chopped
- ¾ cup marinated artichoke hearts chopped
- ½ cup kalamata olives pitted and sliced
- 3 tbsp of olive oil
- ⅓ cup panko bread crumbs
- 3 oz of crumbled Feta cheese
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees. Spray the inside of a 12 cup muffin tin with cooking spray. Set aside.
- In a blender or food processor, combine the Greek yogurt and roasted red peppers. Puree until smooth.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the cooked elbow macaroni, the chicken, artichoke hearts, kalamata olives, and the yogurt/red pepper puree. Mix well.
- In small bowl, combine the panko bread crumbs and olive oil. Mix well.
- To assemble the mac 'n cheese muffins, scoop the macaroni/chicken mixture evenly into each greased cup of the muffin pan. Top each one evenly with the panko bread crumbs mixture and the crumbled Feta cheese.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes, or until heated through. Let the muffins stand for 10-15 minutes before removing them from the pan.
- Serve warm and enjoy!
If you loved this recipe, you might also like my…