Ranch Ham Roll Ups pull double duty! They can be served up for school lunches or as an easy appetizer recipe for a party or potluck!
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Butterball . The opinions and text are all mine.
I can’t believe how soon summer is going to becoming to an end! It seems like we just got out of school! My kids are pretty picky when it comes to school lunches! They like sandwiches but I can’t get them to eat them at school. My son doesn’t like the way they taste when they’re cold but I can’t send him to school with no ice pack. Plus, I think a lot of it is that he’s sick of boring sandwiches. After that first trimester we’re usually in a big lunch rut! I decided it was time to brainstorm for some creative lunch ideas that are super simple for me to make and that’s when I decided on Ranch Ham Roll Ups!
Did you guys know that Butterball makes deli meat? They do! Every year I get a Butterball turkey at Thanksgiving but you can also get that amazing turkey at the deli counter in your grocery store. What I’m super excited about is the new line of deli ham that Butterball has now! They make it with premium pork cuts and you can totally taste it! Both my boys will devour ham like nobodies business, so I went with ham for my roll ups! If I’m trying to get them to eat school lunch, I’m going to have to start with their favorite foods, right?!
When I’m making sandwiches I turn into a short order cook. This one wants mayo and mustard with cheese, the other one wants mustard only and no cheese. I say no thank you! I figured out how to not serve up traditional sandwiches with either mayo or mustard and make them happy!! Ranch Ham Roll Ups! First, kids go bananas for ranch dressing! Then add ham and some cucumbers and you’ve got a super tasty lunch! If your kids aren’t fans of cucumber slide in what ever veggie they do like. I bet shredded carrot would be really good too!
When I make roll ups I slice off the edges so that all my slices are flat on both sides. Also, that means I get to snack on them! When I made these I didn’t stop with the edges. The first one ended up being mine and it was amazing!!! I ended up making more to share with a friend during our wine night! They were gone in a flash!!! Ranch Ham Roll Ups would make a great appetizer for your next party or for a potluck! They can be make ahead of time and you’re done in five to ten minutes!!!
Find Butterball on Facebook and Instagram, username @butterballturkey, for more yummy ideas!
- 8 oz cream cheese softened
- 1 packet of dry ranch dressing mix
- 4 whole wheat tortilla wraps
- 12 slices of Butterball Deli Ham
- 1 English cucumber thinly sliced
- whip together the cream cheese and ranch mix until completely combined
- layout a tortilla wrap on the cutting board
- spread an even layer of the ranch/cream cheese mixture over the entire tortilla
- lay three slices of Butterball Deli Ham over the wrap leaving 1 inch of cream cheese at the edge uncovered
- spread out 9 cucumber slices over the ham making sure to keep the inch of cream cheese free
- starting at the end with ham all the way to edge roll up towards the inch of cream cheese, so it resembles a cigar
- slice the ends of the roll up off and then make 1 inch slices
- serve up for lunch or a potluck!
Download your FREE copy of Dinner Made Easy!
Sign up to receive our newsletter and download your copy of Dinner Made Easy FREE! You'll get one email a week with our favorite recipes and tools to make life easy!