When I was a kid I went to a friends house when we were living in Texas and I had puppy chow for the very first time. I remember her asking me if I wanted some and thinking that she must be crazy or it had to be a joke! Why would I want to eat puppy chow? Did I look like I was a person that wanted to snack on dog food? Then she pulled it out of the pantry and gave me a bite and I just about ate the entire batch!!! It was so delicious!
As I started to plan out the yummy treats to make this year for Christmas. One of my favorite treats to make every year (and eat) is peppermint bark. I love the creamy flavor of the white chocolate mixed with the taste and crunch of peppermint bark. I decided to try to make a batch of puppy chow updated for Christmas and get a new way to enjoy my favorite flavor! This Reindeer Chow turned out better than I expected! The crunch of the Chex cereal was so great and really made it exactly what I wanted. When I first tried to give it to my kids they had the same reaction I had when my friend asked me to try the puppy chow. You’d think I would have know better or maybe Mommy was just messing with her boys. 🙂
- in a double boiler melt white chocolate and coconut oil
- once chocolate has melted, pour over cereal in a large bowl and toss until well covered
- pour in crushed peppermint candies and sitr
- pour powdered sugar into a large zip top bag
- pour the cereal into bag and toss until all covered by powdered sugar
- allow to cool
- once cooled add M&M's.
- enjoy and share with your reindeer.