When I was a kid I went to a friends house when we were living in Texas and I had puppy chow for the very first time. I remember her asking me if I wanted some and thinking that she must be crazy or it had to be a joke! Why would I want to eat puppy chow? Did I look like I was a person that wanted to snack on dog food? Then she pulled it out of the pantry and gave me a bite and I just about ate the entire batch!!! It was so delicious!
As I started to plan out the yummy treats to make this year for Christmas. One of my favorite treats to make every year (and eat) is peppermint bark. I love the creamy flavor of the white chocolate mixed with the taste and crunch of peppermint bark. I decided to try to make a batch of puppy chow updated for Christmas and get a new way to enjoy my favorite flavor! This Reindeer Chow turned out better than I expected! The crunch of the Chex cereal was so great and really made it exactly what I wanted. When I first tried to give it to my kids they had the same reaction I had when my friend asked me to try the puppy chow. You’d think I would have know better or maybe Mommy was just messing with her boys. 🙂
- 12 oz. white chocolate
- 3 T coconut oil
- 5 c corn Chex
- 3/4 c peppermint candies crushed
- 1 c. powdered sugar
- 10 oz. Holiday Mint M&M's
- in a double boiler melt white chocolate and coconut oil
- once chocolate has melted, pour over cereal in a large bowl and toss until well covered
- pour in crushed peppermint candies and sitr
- pour powdered sugar into a large zip top bag
- pour the cereal into bag and toss until all covered by powdered sugar
- allow to cool
- once cooled add M&M's.
- enjoy and share with your reindeer.
Download your FREE copy of Dinner Made Easy!
Sign up to receive our newsletter and download your copy of Dinner Made Easy FREE! You'll get one email a week with our favorite recipes and tools to make life easy!