These quick and easy Buffalo Mushroom Bites are healthier than chicken wings, baked with a crispy outside and tender middle, then stuffed with blue cheese dressing and crumbles!
I am freaking out a little bit that it is May already – how did that happen! It’s going to be Memorial Day before we know it and soon enough Summer will be in full swing! I am so ready for all things flip-flops, popsicles, and tan lines. Oh and backyard barbecues of course. There’s nothing better at a summer party than delicious food and these Buffalo Mushroom Bites top the charts!
BUFFALO MUSHROOM BITES
Love it? Pin it to your APPETIZERS board to SAVE it!
Follow Real Housemoms on Pinterest for more great recipes!
I have made these delicious little lovelies more times than I count. They are my go-to for game day, get togethers, parties, and potlucks because they are so easy, incredibly delicious, and they make a great healthier alternative to fried chicken wings but all the flavor you love! Bite-sized mushrooms are coated in panko breadcrumbs and baked til crispy, then dipped in fiery buffalo sauce and baked just a few minutes longer. So that the outside is still crisp while the inside is nice and tender.
Real Housemoms TV
After that, all that’s left to do is stuff the center of the mushrooms with chunky blue cheese dressing and top with blue cheese crumbles and parsley. Everybody goes nuts for these things, they are positively addictive! Even people who swear they don’t like mushrooms will beg you for the recipe! If you’ve got a party or game day get together coming up, try these fun little buffalo mushroom bites. You only need a handful of ingredients to make these tasty buffalo bites come to life and become the star of your party!
Want more buffalo recipes?
- Buffalo Fried Okra
- Buffalo Chicken Pull-Apart Bread
- Buffalo Bacon Cheeseball
- Buffalo Cauliflower Bites
- Slow Cooker Buffalo Chicken Sliders
- More appetizer recipes…
Tools used in this Buffalo Mushroom Bites recipe
Baking Sheet: A nice big baking sheet is a must have for any kitchen. This half pan sheet is large than a regular cookie and works great for anything you’re baking.
Silicon Mat: I use a silicone mat on my baking sheet practically everytime I bake. The mat makes for easy cleanup and my foods don’t stick to the pan.
Breading Trays: I love these trays! The raised sides mean I don’t have to worry about flour, liquids, or breadcrumbs spilling on the counter and they make clean up so easy.
Tongs: A good pair of tongs is a kitchen essential. I like having a couple sizes – a longer set for grilling and a shorter set for stovetop cooking.
Frank’s Hot Sauce: This hot sauce is my go to brand for any buffalo recipe. During football season I keep a big bottle in my pantry for all our appetizer needs.
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees and grease a baking dish or line a baking sheet with a silicone mat. Place butter in one bowl, eggs and water in another bowl, breadcrumbs in a third bowl, and flour in a fourth bowl.
- Dip mushrooms in the melted butter, then roll in flour. Dip flour-coated mushrooms in the egg mixture to coat, then roll in the breadcrumbs and place in a single layer on prepared baking sheet.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes until crispy and golden on the outside.
- Remove from oven, use a fork to dip mushrooms in buffalo sauce, then return to pan. Cook 4-5 minutes longer.
- Fill mushrooms with blue cheese dressing, top with blue cheese crumbles and parsley, and serve.
Download Your Free Copy!
Download your FREE copy of Dinner Made Easy!
Sign up to receive our newsletter and download your copy of Dinner Made Easy FREE! You'll get one email a week with our favorite recipes and tools to make life easy!