Chocolate Dipped Coconut Macaroons are scrumptious little bites of sweetened coconut dipped in creamy milk chocolate, like Mounds candy bars.
Since Thanksgiving we have been busy baking cookies, and I have to say these little Chocolate Dipped Coconut Macaroons are definitely our favorite so far. Of course, we have to taste test all these cookies for you! It is a sacrifice we make so we can describe them for you! 😉 If you love coconut, these macaroons will become your favorite too. And since Mr. Flavor Mosaic says it is not dessert unless there is chocolate, well I had to dip these little bites of yumminess into the creamy melty stuff.
Real Housemoms TV
The other thing I love about these cookies is that they are so easy. Only 5 ingredients for the macaroons only, and 7 ingredients if you dip them in chocolate. You can’t get much easier than that. This would be a great recipe for the kids to help you with. They could mix the coconut mixture or dip the coconut macaroons in the chocolate.
These would also be super easy to customize to make your own. You could add an almond on the top of each one and turn it into a mini Almond Joy type candy bar. Or you could add maraschino cherries to tops of each macaroon. Or add white chocolate for a change of pace. The possibilities are endless.
How will you top your Chocolate Dipped Coconut Macaroons?
Don’t miss these other great cookie recipes!
- 2/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 14-ounce bag flaked sweetened coconut (about 5-1/3 cups)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 14 ounce can sweetened condensed milk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- 1 tablespoon butter
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line cookie sheets with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl stir together flour, coconut and salt. Slowly stir in the sweetened condensed milk and vanilla until all the coconut is evenly coated. Use a cookie scoop to drop 1" balls of dough onto the prepared cookie sheets.
- Bake for 12 to 15 minutes in the preheated oven, until coconut is toasted. Remove and allow to cool completely.
- In a small bowl add the chocolate chips and butter. Microwave for 30 seconds. Take out the bowl and stir the chocolate. Repeat until the chocolate is melted and creamy. Allow to cool to room temperature.
- Dip the bottom of the cookie into the melted chocolate and place on a parchment lined cookie sheet. Refrigerate for about 20 to 30 minutes or until the cookies are firm.
If you like these cookies be sure to try my Mini M&M Chocolate Cookies.
Download Your Free Copy!
Download your FREE copy of Dinner Made Easy!
Sign up to receive our newsletter and download your copy of Dinner Made Easy FREE! You'll get one email a week with our favorite recipes and tools to make life easy!