Sweet Coconut Cream Truffles made with just a few ingredients, cloaked in a dark chocolate shell, and topped off with toasted coconut!
I have a feeling that you’ve probably noticed this on your own, but just in case you haven’t, consider this your official notice that summer is here. For me, that means recently I’ve been inclined to reach for more refreshing, slightly tropical flavors, like key lime pie, pineapple upside down cake, and anything containing coconut.
I’ve also been about 0% interested in turning on the oven at all if I can help it, so when I set about developing a dessert recipe for you this month, a no-bake coconut treat was a no-brainer.
COCONUT CREAM TRUFFLES
Like this recipe? Pin it to your DESSERT pin board!
Follow Real Housemoms on Pinterest
Another reason that I love these coconut cream truffles is that that unlike many other candy recipes, these are so simple to make. My go-to confectionery recipe is usually my Millionaire’s Shortbread, but these coconut cream truffles are just as delicious and take a fraction of the time, which makes them a winner in my book!
These coconut cream truffles use only a handful of ingredients and take only a few minutes to make (plus a little bit of chill time, but you’re not going to want to skip that as it makes the whole process a lot easier and cleaner on your part!). A dark chocolate shell is a semi sweet compliment to the sweet, creamy interior.
You’ll use sweetened, shredded coconut to make the centers of these truffles, but first I recommend briefly pulsing the coconut in a food processor so that the interiors are less stringy (without losing that signature coconut texture). Make sure to reserve a handful of coconut flakes to lightly toast in the oven for a pretty topping to your truffles!
Want more coconut recipes?
- Buttery Coconut Bars
- Toasted Coconut Poke Cake
- Banana Coconut Bundt Cake
- Coconut Margarita Sugar Cookies
- Coconut Rum Hot Cocoa
- More dessert recipes…
Tools used to make this Coconut Cream Truffles recipe
Mixing Bowl: These mixing bowls get used just about every day at my house. The grip handle makes them easy to hold and the pour spout makes them perfect for batters!
Large Skillet: This skillet is my go-to kitchen tool. It’s large circumference and high sides make it perfect for cooking anything from one pan meals to soups and sauces.
Cookie Scoop: Cookie scoops are my favorite way to portion dough and batter when I’m baking. This set has 3 different sizes so I get the right amount in each scoop.
Baking Sheet: A nice big baking sheet is a must have for any kitchen. This half pan sheet is large than a regular cookie and works great for anything you’re baking.
- 14 oz sweetened shredded coconut
- 2/3 cup sweetened condensed milk
- 2 Tablespoons butter melted
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¼ tablespoon coconut extract optional
- ¼ cup powdered sugar
- 10 oz dark chocolate melting wafers
- Place coconut in food processor and pulse repeatedly until coconut is fine and not stringy. Set aside.
- In a separate, large bowl, stir together condensed milk, melted butter, vanilla extract, and coconut extract (if using).
- Pour in coconut and stir well.
- Add powdered sugar, stir well.
- Place bowl in refrigerator and chill at least 15 minutes.
- Remove from refrigerator and roll into 1 1/2 Tablespoon-sized balls (if the filling is too sticky, return to fridge for an additional 10 minutes to chill).
- Place on wax-paper lined cookie sheet, repeating until all filling is rolled.
- Place cookie sheet in the freezer for 10 minutes.
- Prepare melting wafers according to instructions on package.
- Dip chilled coconut truffles into dark chocolate, return to wax paper lined cookie sheet and allow chocolate to harden before serving. If topping with sprinkles or toasted coconut, be sure to add before chocolate hardens.
- Keep uneaten truffles refrigerated in airtight container.
Download Your Free Copy!
Download your FREE copy of Dinner Made Easy!
Sign up to receive our newsletter and download your copy of Dinner Made Easy FREE! You'll get one email a week with our favorite recipes and tools to make life easy!