PINEAPPLE GUACAMOLE is a flavor combo that seems strange but works so well! Creamy avocado with sweet and tangy pineapple chunks makes the perfect summertime snack!
With summertime approaching, it is time to start thinking about guac and salsa! That is what I eat all summer long. This Pineapple Guacamole is perfect for a backyard fiesta!
The kids running around that smell of a smoky bbq, feeling sunshine on your skin after months of cold. Does it get better than that? Throw some steaks on the barbecue, make a batch of margaritas and munch on guacamole! Now that is summertime.
I have to admit that I was skeptical of the fruit in guacamole fad. I mean, really!?!? Then I tried it. Oh, these folks are onto something. I could not stop stuffing my face with Pineapple Guacamole. It was a total surprise to me.
For this version, I added a little spiciness with jalapeño. Sweet pineapple, creamy avocado, and spicy jalapeño . . . it was meant to be.
So if you have been avoiding guacamole recipes that involve fruit, give it a try! You may be pleasantly surprised. It may just be your new favorite summertime snack.
- 2 Avocados - peeled pit removed and cut into chunks
- 1 Cup Chopped Fresh Pineapple
- 1/2 Jalapeño - seeded deveined and finely chopped
- Juice of 1 Lime
- 1/4 Cup Finely Chopped Red Onion
- Pinch Salt/Pepper
- 1/4 Cup Cilantro - chopped
- Combine all ingredients. Mix to desired consistency.
- Store in refrigerator until served. To prevent guacamole from turning brown, press plastic wrap directly on top of guacamole.
More To Dip Into. . .