Mediterranean Guacamole combines some of my favorite flavors into one delicious dip! It’s a fun twist on the original, and perfect for summer entertaining!!
There’s something about guacamole in the summertime that is so perfect. I love sitting outside with friends, sharing a cocktail, and enjoying a warm summer breeze. And, if you ask me, there’s nothing that goes better with a cocktail than some guac! It’s one of my go-to appetizers when we have company, and I’ve found that people will eat as much of it as you’re willing to make. People go crazy for guacamole!
Now, some might argue that you shouldn’t mess with perfection. But. When you start with avocados, the possibilities are endless! Why not mix it up and have a little fun?
So I decided to re-think guacamole using some of my favorite Mediterranean flavors – kalamata olives, basil, yellow peppers, feta cheese. And do you know what? It worked so perfectly that it almost felt like exactly the way guacamole was supposed to be!
A definite win – for summertime, for guacamole, and for all of us who love it. Happy summer dipping!
- 2 large avocados
- 1/4 c. diced yellow pepper
- 1/4 c. diced grape tomatoes
- 1/4 c. minced kalamata olives
- 1/4 c. minced purple onion
- 1 Tbsp. minced fresh basil
- 1 Tbsp. lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp. kosher salt
- 2 Tbsp. crumbled feta cheese
- Peel and mash avocados to desired consistency.
- Stir in yellow pepper, tomatoes, kalamata olives, purple onion, and basil.
- Add lemon juice and kosher salt and stir to combine.
- Spoon into serving bowl; top with crumbled feta cheese.
- Serve with pita crackers or tortilla chips.