So I may have made these waffles to have dessert for breakfast and help celebrate fall. There’s nothing wrong with that, right? Sometimes you just have to start the day off with a giant plate of soft, warm pumpkin spice waffles covered in cream cheese and sugar!!! The boys and their new friend were over when I was testing and just happened to be STARVING when I was finished taking pictures so they were my testers. They practically inhaled them!!! I didn’t tell my son they were pumpkin spice because I was afraid he wouldn’t try them and I may have emphasized the frosting on top, but once he took a bite he couldn’t stop eating them.
This recipe calls for pumpkin puree, not pumpkin pie filling, so pay attention to the can when you pick it up at the store. I first tried with the pie filling, trying to avoid adding the different spices, but the consistency is too liquidy and they didn’t turn out right.
They were so delicious that I’ll be making them again very soon, to enjoy on my porch with some coffee. 🙂 Happy Fall everyone!
Inspired by Food.com
- in a med bowl combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg and ginger
- in a large bowl beat eggs and brown sugar together until there are no more lumps
- continue to beat while you add milk, pumpkin puree, vanilla and butter. (be sure the butter is cooled or you will cook your eggs)
- add four mixture to the milk mixture and stir until just combined
- cook in heated waffle iron until golden brownish
cream cheese glaze
- whisk together milk and cream cheese
- add vanilla and powdered sugar and whisk until no more lumps