Now … since the Christmas season is in full swing, this Argyle Yarn Wreath is Christmas ‘inspired’, but you could totally switch up the colors to make it an ‘any season’ wreath!
Here’s what you’ll need to make one:
- Wreath form. I used a 12″ green styrofoam wreath form from Michael’s but you could use anything … pool noodle, pipe insulation, or other store-bought wreath form.
- Yarn in three colors.
- Felt in three of the same colors as your yarn.
- Straight pins and/or hot glue gun/glue.
And here’s the step-by-step:
- Grab your wreath form and measure your outside circumference. Divide this number into 9. In my case … this was 36″ around the outside, divided by 9 = 4″ for each yarn color.
- Start wrapping your yarn! Pin or glue in the first part of the yarn, then just start wrapping!
- Wrap until you’ve covered 4″ of the outside of the wreath, then switch colors.
- Do this in equal intervals until the wreath is covered in yarn.
- Grab your yarn and cut three ‘diamonds’ of each color felt.
- Set these in place on your wreath on an alternating color.
- Finally, choose one color of yarn and wrap X’s around your wreath
- Pin the center of your X’s to keep them in place.
Hang, display, and enjoy!
What about you … are you done with your Christmas decorating yet? Have you started? Do you even decorate?
I hope this wreath idea gets your imagination going …
If you’re looking for more DIY Christmas Wreath Ideas, stop over and check out these:
Easy DIY Christmas Wreath (no tools required!):
Happy Holidays! I’ll be back next month with more craftiness (or maybe I should do some organizing for January?!?). In either case … see you then! And in the meantime, stop by and visit me over on View From The Fridge when you get a chance.