It’s fall!!!!! At least that’s what it’s supposed to be right? I think we may have brought the heat with us from Arizona. It’s going to be in the mid 90’s here in Oregon today! It hit 91 and my husband was still in his thermal for the morning and we were sitting outside to eat dinner, when we noticed that the neighbors were running their AC. I guess we’re still used to the 120 degree heat back in AZ. 🙂 I talked about these baked apples in my post earlier for Perfectly Moist Pork Loin. They are so gosh darn good that I could eat them for dessert! I was actually going to post them for dessert on Saturday but found I was missing a picture for today’s previously scheduled post, so that will come later, when the computer stuff is unpacked, and I’ll just have to bake up some other yummy fall treat for you on Saturday!
These are so good to eat and the timing works out with the pork loin. Just be sure to add them in for the last 45 minutes that the pork cooks and they’ll be hot and ready together. I like to take a big bite with pork, apple and rice. That is one of my all time favorite flavors of fall/winter.
- preheat oven to 350 degrees
- remove most of the core of the apple leaving the bottom so that it acts as a cup to hold the remaining ingredients
- in a small bowl combine cinnamon and sugar
- add 1/2 T of butter to each apple hole
- add 1 t of cinnamon sugar mixture to apple holes
- place apples in a baking dish with high sides
- pour apple juice into the bottom of the baking dish
- cover with foil
- cook for 45 min until apples are soft
- serve carefully so as not to spill the sauce inside each apple