Meet your new favorite way to easily make a scrumptious snackable apple pie with 2-ingredient Air Fryer Cinnamon Roll Wrapped Apple Rings!
If you’ve ever dreamed of making an incredibly delicious dessert with only two ingredients in less than 30 minutes, then you’re my kind of person, and Air Fryer Cinnamon Roll Wrapped Apple Rings is your kind of dessert! Grab a few packages of cinnamon rolls and gala apples for a warm confection that tastes just like your favorite apple pie!
Crazy for Cinnamon Apples
Apple pie is such a great year-round dessert that especially gives me both summer and fall vibes that I love. I don’t always love having a pie hanging out on the counter though, or the time it takes to make one sometimes so these apple pie rings were a huge game-changer for me! Air Fryer Cinnamon Roll Wrapped Apple Rings are so fast to make that as soon as we get home from picking apples in the fall or before we head off to a great summer potluck, I can make these cinnamon-apple sweet treats to share.
Apple’s are not only excellent in sweet desserts like Apple Pie Cookie Cups but also in everybody’s favorite potluck side dish of Carrot and Apple Slaw!
Other Recipes to Serve with Air Fryer Cinnamon Roll Wrapped Apple Rings
- Apple Cider Shandy’s are the perfect way to say goodbye to a great summer and welcome in fall, with the combination of beer and apple cider!
- Scooch that old snack mix out the door and get your guests in the fall mood with Apple Cinnamon Snack Mix!
Apples: To make these apple rings, you will need a few Gala apples or your favorite kind of apple. If you prefer tart apples, you can choose Granny Smith apples or even a Honeycrisp for a sweet-tart flavor.
Cinnamon Rolls: Pick up a couple of tubes of Pillsbury Grands cinnamon rolls and hang on to the icing that comes with the cans.
How to Make Air Fryer Cinnamon Roll-Wrapped Apple Rings
STEP ONE: Peel the apples if you like, it’s okay to leave the peels on too. Cut each apple into 1/2-inch slices (about 2-3 per apple for 10 slices). Use a 1-inch biscuit cutter, a bottle cap, or something similar size to cut the center core from the apple to make a ring.
STEP TWO: Sprinkle a little flour over a cutting board and remove the cinnamon rolls from the packages. Set the frosting aside to use later. Unroll each cinnamon roll so that you have a long strip. Then, cut each strip lengthwise so that you end up with two thin strips from each cinnamon roll.
STEP THREE: Wrap the strips tightly around the apple rings. You’ll need two thin strips for each apple ring. Be sure to cut away any excess dough.
STEP FOUR: Preheat your air fryer to 375 degrees F. Place the wrapped apple rings in a single layer in the basket. Cook the rings for 7 minutes at 375F.
STEP FIVE: Remove the cinnamon roll-wrapped apple rings from the air fryer and transfer them to a wire rack over a baking sheet. Drizzle the icing over each apple ring and serve warm.
Tips for Success
- For this delicious dessert, you can use whatever apple you love or have on hand, but apples, like Gala or Golden Delicious apples, are softer and will make a softer cinnamon roll-wrapped apple ring. Also, the bigger the apple, the easier it will be to wrap the rings, so try to choose large apples.
- A biscuit cutter, a bottle cap, or anything about a 1-inch diameter can cut the apple’s core. Cutting a large circle with a knife will also work if you don’t have anything that size. Avoid cutting a hole smaller than 1 inch to make wrapping the apple rings easier.
- Don’t forget to hang onto the icing with your cinnamon rolls! You’ll top the rings with the icing once the rings are done baking.
What if I don’t have an air fryer?
Don’t let not having an air fryer stop you from indulging in these deliciously sweet treats! To make these in an oven, follow the recipe as written and preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Arrange the cinnamon roll-wrapped apple rings on a greased baking sheet, leaving a little room between each ring. Bake the rings according to the package directions, and once out of the oven, drizzle the icing over the rings.
What toppings can I use?
When you think of your favorite way to enjoy a slice of warm apple pie, what toppings are on it? The icing that comes with the cinnamon rolls is great, and other additions, like warm caramel sauce or a large scoop of vanilla ice cream, would be outstanding! Go ahead and slice some cheddar cheese if that’s what you like. Cinnamon Roll Wrapped Apple Rings are perfect for all of your favorite toppings and for you to try out new toppings to love, too!
More Ways to Enjoy Apple Season!
- Deconstructed Apple Pie A La Mode
- Mini Caramel Apple Cheesecakes
- Air Fryer Apple Hand Pies
- Apple Pie Scones
- Apple Cider Cookies with Caramel Filling
- 4 gala apples
- 2 cans Pillsbury Grands! Cinnamon Rolls with Cinnabon Icing (5 count each)
- Peel the apples if desired. Cut the apples into 1/2-inch slices (2-3 slices per apple). Remove the center of each apple slice with a 1-inch biscuit or cookie cutter. Set aside.
- Lightly flour a flat work surface or cutting board. Remove the cinnamon rolls from the tubes and set the frosting aside.
- Unroll the cinnamon rolls into strips. Use a pizza cutter or knife to cut each strip lengthwise into 2 thin strips.
- Tightly wrap cinnamon strips around an apple ring – each ring will take 2 strips. Cut away any excess dough as needed. Repeat until all the apples are wrapped.
- Preheat your air fryer to 375 degrees F.
- Add a single layer of wrapped apple rings to the air fryer basket. To make sure you're not crowding the basket, work in batches. Cook for 7 minutes at 375 degrees F.
- Transfer the cooked apple rings to a wire rack over a baking sheet. Drizzle the rings with the cinnamon roll icing. Serve warm.