The perfect appetizer for family and friends, make this Spicy Restaurant Style Queso Blanco tonight!
I love cheese. I love cheese so much, it might be considered my love language. Gift me cheese and I am one happy girl. Fo realz. With that in mind, you can assume how happy I would be to whip up what would essentially be a vat of this Spicy Restaurant Style Queso Blanco. I had to jury-rig myself a door so I could munch on some cheesy goodness before my kids and guests got their hands on it. I may have even started eating it before it was fully melted.
You didn’t hear that from me.
Real Housemoms TV
This queso blanco is a labor of love, truly. And I don’t mean that in the sense that this takes forever to make. Oh no, not at all, it’s incredibly easy, I promise! But I’ve tinkered, and tried tons of different cheese combinations, some with success, and some with epic failures. Case in point: extra sharp white cheddar. Just no. Don’t ever make that mistake. It melted, and then turned back into some kind of creepy glob of semi-hard gook. It was naaaaastay. I’ve done it with a roux as well, but really it just ended up tasting like macaroni and cheese, sans macaroni.
You know you wanna try it. I want to, again. And again, and again. Cause it’s just too yum to pass up! And when you’re done, you might want to try my Cheese Tacos, or Caprese Tartlets! It’s a cheese-lovers paradise, my friends!
- 2 Tbsp Canola Oil
- 1/2 Small White Onion fine diced
- 2-3 Serrano Peppers fine diced
- 3/4 C Heavy Cream
- 1/3 C Milk
- 12 oz Monterey Jack Cheese cubed
- 12 oz White American Cheese cubed
- 2 Small Tomatoes diced
- 1/2 C Cilantro roughly chopped
- In a medium-sized saucepan, add the canola oil and heat over medium until hot. Add the onions and saute until softened and just turning brown, around 4-5 minutes. Add the Serrano peppers and continue to cook for an additional 2 minutes.
- Add heavy cream and heat until gently simmering, then add the cheese, stirring occasionally as it melts to combine all the ingredients. As it starts to smooth out, add the milk and continue stirring until no more lumps of cheese remain. Gently stir in the tomatoes and cilantro. Serve immediately alongside a big bowl of chips, and keep leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 4 days.
Download your FREE copy of Dinner Made Easy!
Sign up to receive our newsletter and download your copy of Dinner Made Easy FREE! You'll get one email a week with our favorite recipes and tools to make life easy!