Five-ingredient crock pot Buffalo Dip has the mouthwatering perfection of chicken wings without the work! You’ll flip for this dip!
If you want the absolute best appetizer for game night (or really any night!), Buffalo Chicken Dip in a Crock Pot is IT! Using only shredded chicken, cream cheese, cheddar, ranch, and buffalo sauce, this delicious dip recipe is also extra easy!
Buffalo Chicken Wings in a Dip
Who doesn’t love Buffalo Hot Wings? Meaty and full of flavor with just the right balance of creamy and spicy…mmmMMM! But they can be messy to make and even messier to eat.
Not this dip!
Buffalo Chicken Dip in a Crock Pot has everything chicken wings have – minus the bones! And you won’t get sauce all over your face…but I can’t promise you won’t stick your finger right into the dip! Yeah…it’s THAT good.
Other Recipes to Serve Buffalo Chicken Dip
- Air Fryer Chicken Wings are a juicy, tender wing option to serve alongside Buffalo dip.
- This Beer Bread recipe makes an awesome alternative to chips and is so good!
- Don’t forget the Blue Cheese dressing for your carrots and celery! It’s the classic side to Buffalo Chicken in any form!
Chicken: This dip uses 4 cups of shredded chicken. Cook your own or use a convenient rotisserie chicken.
Texture: Cream Cheese and shredded cheddar make the crave-worthy, creamy base to this dip.
Flavor: Ranch dressing and buffalo sauce meld together for the tangy, spicy taste that gives this dip its name.
How to Make Buffalo Chicken Dip in a Crock Pot
STEP ONE: Add the shredded chicken, cream cheese, ranch dressing, buffalo sauce, and 1 cup of shredded cheddar to the crock pot. Mix well.
STEP TWO: Put the lid on the crock pot. Set on LOW heat for 3-4 hours or HIGH heat for 1-2 hours. Stir every half hour. The dip will be ready when the cheese and cream cheese are fully blended.
STEP THREE: Sprinkle the remaining cheddar on top, return the lid, and let the dip cook until the cheese on top is melted. Sprinkle with sliced green onions and enjoy with all your favorite dipping sides!
Tips for Success
- Buffalo hot dip is hearty! So, if you’re serving it as an appetizer, provide several crispy dipping sides like chips, pitas, crackers, breadsticks, and veggies – you’ll have some happy guests!
- Don’t be tempted to substitute hot sauce for Buffalo sauce. Yes, they are similar, but Buffalo sauce is thicker and smoother than hot sauce because it is made with butter.
- If you aren’t a big fan of Buffalo sauce, you can alter the flavor by adding butter, sugar, or both. Butter will make the heat less intense, and sugar will cut the tangy taste of vinegar.
What is Buffalo Sauce?
Buffalo sauce is made from cayenne, white vinegar, and butter – spicy, tangy, warm, and creamy. Chicken wings smothered in this tangy hot sauce originated in Buffalo, New York, hence the name!
What Else Can I Do with Buffalo Chicken Dip?
You can serve this dip on toast or buns for GREAT sandwiches. Over rice or pasta for a delicious dinner with carrots or celery. Place a scoop of chilled leftover dip on lettuce like chicken salad or tuna salad, then drizzle with ranch dressing or blue cheese. Spread leftover dip over a tortilla, add extra shredded cheese, and make a quesadilla…this is my boys’ favorite!
Other Brilliant Buffalo Recipes!
- Buffalo Shrimp Dip
- Buffalo Chicken Pinwheels
- Buffalo Bacon Cheeseball
- Buffalo Cauliflower Bites
- Buffalo Chicken Empanadas
- Buffalo Fried Okra
- Buffalo Chicken Nachos
*This post was originally posted on 04/27/2019.
- Combine cooked chicken, cream cheese, buffalo sauce, ranch dressing, and 1 cup of shredded cheddar cheese in the Crock Pot and stir together.
- Place lid on an set to LOW heat for 3-4 hours or HIGH heat for 1-2 hours. Stirring every 30 minutes.
- The dip is ready when the cheese is fully melted and you no longer see chunks of cream cheese.
- Sprinkle the remaining shredded cheddar cheese over the top and place the lid back on, letting the dip continue to cook until the cheese on top is melted.
- Serve with chips, crackers, or veggies.