I was cruising Pinterest for fun recipes to try and came across this recipe from skinnytaste.com. I have made and shared a few of Gina’s recipes with you and if you haven’t checked out her site yet hurry. She makes tasty food that doesn’t taste skinny. I haven’t made anything I didn’t love. When I saw this I knew I had to make it. A few weeks back Stacey made buffalo shrimp that went fast at her party. She has a little fryer and deep fried the shrimp then tossed them into the buffalo sauce. (Maybe if we ask nice enough she’ll share her recipe with you all. ) 🙂 They are so delicious that she converted me, a non shrimp eater, into a shrimp eater. So, there I was, face to face with this recipe and I know that I had to make it. Now my version isn’t all that skinny but you can pop over to her site to see the changes. Basically, just substitute light sour cream and light cream cheese for the regular stuff. The shrimp is a skinny food so you’re ready to go there.
I brought it over to Stacey’s house to snack on while we worked and it was a hit. Her awesome parent’s are in town so we got to share it with them too. Both Stacey’s Dad and my husband thought it was spicy but liked it. Stacey’s Mom kept going back for more and told me that I had to get it on the site because it was so good. (I wasn’t sure that I could get a good picture.) So after that persuasion I’m am sharing this with you. What is your favorite buffalo dish?
Real Housemoms TV
- 4 oz. softened cream cheese
- 1/2 c sour cream
- 1/2 c Frank's Buffalo Sauce
- 1 t white wine vinegar
- 2 c. cooked peeled shrimp, chopped
- 3/4 c shredded cheese chedder
- preheat oven to 375
- combine cream cheese, sour cream, buffalo sauce and vinegar in a med bowl
- stir until smooth
- add 1/4 c of cheese and shrimp into mixture
- grease a baking dish (8x8 9x9 or 2 qt casserole dish)
- spread dip evenly into dish and bake for 20-25 min.
- top with remaining cheese and bake for 5 min