A few years ago my friend Rachael came to live with us while she was waiting to close on her house. One night she was making dinner for us and she made Italian Sausage and pepper sandwiches. I’ve had these before with mustard but she told us that in her family they eat them with cream cheese. Casey and I were a little skeptical at first but love to try new things so we gave it a shot. We loved them so much that we’ve only eaten them this way ever since. If you haven’t had one this way give it a try, you’ll be so happy you did!
- 1 lb. Italian Sausage Sweet or Spicy
- 2 large onions sliced
- 1 green bell pepper sliced
- 1 red bell pepper sliced
- 1 yellow bell pepper sliced
- 1 T olive oil
- 1 t salt
- 1 t pepper
- 1 t garlic powder
- sandwich rolls
- cream cheese
- grill or cook sausage on the stove top
- in a large pan heat oil over med heat
- add onions and peppers
- toss with salt, pepper and garlic powder
- cover with lid and allow to steam and soften for 5 min
- continue to cook on low heat until slightly brown, stirring occasionally
- spread cream cheese on the inside of roll
- place sausage into roll and cover with peppers and onions
Real Housemoms TV
Download your FREE copy of Dinner Made Easy!
Sign up to receive our newsletter and download your copy of Dinner Made Easy FREE! You'll get one email a week with our favorite recipes and tools to make life easy!