This easy sheet pan BUFFALO CHICKEN NACHOS recipe combines two game day favorites into one delicious bite!
The kids are back in school, and even though our weather still says summer I am in a Fall state of mind. Cooler mornings and evenings may be the reason, but most likely it is because Charlie has his first football game of the season tomorrow night.
In case you were wondering, YES I am one of those crazy mom fans. You know the ones that yell and scream at nearly every play. That’s me. I leave every game with a sore throat and no voice at all. And I wouldn’t have it any other way. Last year after the first game Charlie actually said he was sad that he hadn’t heard me yelling like I usually do. He didn’t think I was paying attention, that is until the team watched the video. Then he heard me 🙂 I guess you don’t hear much on the field. Whether he hears me or not, I’ll be screaming just the same tomorrow night under the lights.
With football season comes football food, and these buffalo chicken nachos are two of my football favorites in one. Buffalo wings meet nachos, and game day will never be the same.
I made my own chips, but if you need fast and easy, use your favorite brand. Then layer on the shredded chicken, wing sauce, blue cheese dressing, and shredded Monterey Jack. Garnish your nachos with diced celery, blue cheese crumbles, chives, and if you’re really feeling it fresh jalapenos. In my opinion, nachos just aren’t the same without the jalapenos. Of course, these are buffalo style, so a side of celery and blue cheese is in order.
Even if football isn’t your thing, these buffalo chicken nachos will be.
- 3 cups of cooked and shredded chicken
- 1 1/2 cups buffalo wing sauce such as franks red hot wing sauce
- 1 1/2 cup blue cheese dressing
- 2 cups of shredded monterey jack cheese
- crumbled clue cheese
- diced celery
- sliced fresh jalapeno
- preheat the oven to 350 degrees
- combine the olive oil with the cayenne, garlic powder, and onion powder
- brush oil on tortillas, and cut each into 8 wedges
- places wedges on baking sheet (you ill need 2) and bake for 10 minutes
- on a rimmed baking sheet layer 1/2 of the chips, 1/2 of the chicken, 1/2 of the wing sauce, 1/2 of the blue cheese, and 1 cup of shredded monterey jack, top with remaining chis, chicken, wing sauce, blue cheese dressing, and jack cheese
- bake 8-10 minutes (until the cheese is melted)
- top with chives, celery, crumbled blue cheese, and jalapenos (if using)