PULLED PORK POTATO CHIP NACHOS are a new twist on an old favorite! Crispy kettle chips, tangy BBQ & two kinds of cheese make this is an appetizer everyone will enjoy!
Pulled Pork Potato Chip Nachos are my new favorite indulgence. I hadn’t eaten potato chips in years until recently when I discovered the extra thick kettle cooked chips and fell in love. Added bonus: getting one that is folded over! Why and how do they taste SO much better than a regular old flat one? I then had kettle-cooked potato chips made into traditional Mexican nachos at a restaurant and realized this was a genius idea and I needed to make my own! Say what you will, but I pick out all of the folded over chips to save for a later snacking date. I find the flat ones make a better nacho “vehicle”. Yes, I am weird, but it is okay.
Nacho toppings vary greatly, but I have found that for kettle-cooked potato chips, I prefer a zesty match like succulent pulled pork. Tender and juicy, it plays perfectly with freshly grated cheddar cheese. I pop these in the oven and then add cool, freshly chopped tomato, scallions, sour cream, and blue cheese crumbles. Other variations include adding avocado, cucumber, and subbing pepper jack cheese.
The smoky and fresh flavors are a winning combination anyone will love for a full meal, appetizer or muchie while watching the big game!
- 4 cups estimate kettle cooked potato chips
- 1 cup BBQ pulled pork heated
- 1 cup cheddar cheese grated
- 1/2 cup plum tomatoes seeds and pulp removed, chopped
- 1/4 cup scallions chopped
- 1/4 cup blue cheese crumbled
- Maldon Salt for topping (optional)
- Place kettle cooked potato chips in a cast iron skillet or rimmed baking sheet. Equally divide BBQ pulled pork over chips and then cover with shredded cheddar cheese.
- Place under the broiler on high until cheese is bubbly. Remove and top with remaining toppings. Serve immediately.
If you like Pulled Pork Potato Chip Nachos, you are going to love my other appetizer ideas like…