On Monday, my parents came to Arizona to visit, celebrate my son’s 8th birthday, and see both kids begin the school year. They arrived at 8 o’clock at night and I knew they would be starving, so I made Cheesy Salsa Chicken for dinner. I have made this several times and it is always delicious! I absolutely love the cheese and salsa flavor combination and the onions add an awesome taste to each bite! Cheesy Salsa Chicken is easy to make and a great meal for the whole family to enjoy. My kids love it!
recipe from CDKitchen.com
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 2 tablespoons olive or canola oil
- 2 large onions, thinly sliced
- 3/4 cup thick and chunky salsa of your choice
- 1 cup sour cream
- 3/4 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- 3/4 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1/4 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- Optional- diced jalapenos, green chiles, sliced black olives
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F
- Season chicken with salt and pepper and lightly brown in oil. Set aside
- Saute onion just until soft
- Mix cheeses, sour cream and salsa together
- Spray a 9x13 baking pan with Pam and arrange chicken breasts, then top with onions
- Pour sour cream mixture over and top with cheese garnishes (including any optional garnishes as desired)
- Bake uncovered for 30 minutes
Don't miss a bite!
Want to receive our recipes and custom meal plans right to your inbox? Make sure to subscribe & get a copy of Dinner Made Easy - 10 simple dinner ideas that only need one pot or pan!