On Monday, my parents came to Arizona to visit, celebrate my son’s 8th birthday, and see both kids begin the school year. They arrived at 8 o’clock at night and I knew they would be starving, so I made Cheesy Salsa Chicken for dinner. I have made this several times and it is always delicious! I absolutely love the cheese and salsa flavor combination and the onions add an awesome taste to each bite! Cheesy Salsa Chicken is easy to make and a great meal for the whole family to enjoy. My kids love it!
recipe from CDKitchen.com
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2 tablespoons olive or canola oil
- 2 large onions thinly sliced
- 3/4 cup thick and chunky salsa of your choice
- 1 cup sour cream
- 3/4 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- 3/4 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1/4 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- Optional- diced jalapenos green chiles, sliced black olives
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F
- Season chicken with salt and pepper and lightly brown in oil. Set aside
- Saute onion just until soft
- Mix cheeses, sour cream and salsa together
- Spray a 9x13 baking pan with Pam and arrange chicken breasts, then top with onions
- Pour sour cream mixture over and top with cheese garnishes (including any optional garnishes as desired)
- Bake uncovered for 30 minutes
Download your FREE copy of Dinner Made Easy!
Sign up to receive our newsletter and download your copy of Dinner Made Easy FREE! You'll get one email a week with our favorite recipes and tools to make life easy!