Layered Ranch Dip is the easy and completely addictive dip every party needs! Who knew something so simple could be such a flavor knockout?
Keep the party food effortless and wildly delicious with a creamy Layered Ranch Dip ready in minutes and perfect for dipping chips and veggies! Whisk together sour cream and ranch seasoning and top it with tomatoes, chilis, onions, olives, and shredded cheese for an unbeatable appetizer!
Ready to Party
As some of the biggest ranch fans on the planet, my family and I didn’t think we could love ranch dip any more than we already did until we made this layered dip! The creamy ranch-seasoned dip is already perfect, but the chopped and diced veggies on top plus shredded cheese make this a truly addictive dip that we seriously have to triple for game days. We let all our friends and family know that when we serve this amazing dip, it’s BYOC- bring your own chips!
Other Recipes to Serve with Layered Ranch Dip
- Slow Cooker Buffalo Chicken Sliders are a fantastic idea for every party, especially since there are never any leftovers!
- Get creative with the party cocktails and make everyone colorful and refreshingly fruity Blue Margaritas.
Ranch Layer: To make the ranch layer, you will need a container of sour cream and a packet of dry ranch seasoning mix. Regular or light sour cream are both good options for this dip.
Toppings: You will need shredded Monterey Jack cheese, a medium tomato, a can of diced green chilis (I get the mild chiles), a can of sliced black olives, a red onion, and some parsley.
Chips: Don’t forget to pick up your favorite tortilla chips to enjoy with this dip!
How to Make Layered Ranch Dip
STEP ONE: Mix the sour cream and ranch seasoning in a small bowl.
STEP TWO: Spread the dip evenly in a shallow dish, top with a layer of diced tomatoes, and then green chilis.
STEP THREE: Add a layer of shredded Monterey Jack cheese and top that with the red onion and sliced olives.
SETP FOUR: Chill the dip for at least 1 hour. When you’re ready to serve, sprinkle the ranch dip with chopped parsley and serve with tortilla chips for dipping.
Tips for Success
- The packet of ranch seasoning has a ton of flavor, so whether you pick regular, light, or non-fat sour cream, your dip will taste great.
- Spread this layered dip into a shallow dish to make scooping easy and to ensure a chip that’s perfectly loaded.
- Use your favorite kind of cheese in this recipe. Monterey is a great choice because it’s flavorful without being too bold, but go with what you like best!
- Keep any leftovers in a container in the fridge for about 3-5 days, depending on how fast the veggies wilt.
Can I make my homemade ranch seasoning for this dip?
Ranch dressing aficionados know what they like when it comes to ranch seasoning packets and homemade ranch dressing! If you love a ranch dressing recipe, feel free to use that in this layered dip. Or, if you are searching for an amazingly fresh recipe, look no further than our Homemade Ranch Dressing! Make up the herb portion of the recipe to add to sour cream and follow the layered dip recipe as written.
Do I only serve chips with this Ranch Layered Dip?
Chips are by far the easiest scoopers to serve with this dip, but they are by no means the only thing you can serve! Try out veggies like halved sweet peppers, celery sticks, or cauliflower. Crackers, pita bread, or toasted baguette slices are also great to serve with this dip. Anything you love with ranch dressing would be great to serve alongside this delicious dip!
More Great Dips for Every Party!
- 7 Layer Dip
- Sausage Cream Cheese Dip
- Layered Bacon Ranch Dip
- Crock Pot Spinach Artichoke Dip
- Cheesy Roasted Corn and Black Bean Dip
*This post was originally posted on 04/25/2013.
- 16 ounces light sour cream (or regular)
- 1 packet Ranch dressing mix
- 1 medium tomato chopped
- 4 ounces canned diced green chilies drained
- ¼ cup red onion peeled and chopped
- 2.25 ounces canned sliced black olives drained and rinsed
- 1 cup Monterey Jack cheese shredded
- Fresh parsley chopped, for garnish
- Tortilla chips for dipping
- In a small bowl, stir together the sour cream and ranch dressing mix until well combined. Spread the ranch mixture into the bottom of a shallow dish.
- Top with layers of tomatoes, green chilies, and shredded cheese. Add the red onion and olives on top.
- Refrigerate for at least 1 hour or until ready to serve.
- Sprinkle the top of the dip with some chopped parsley for garnish and enjoy with tortilla chips for dipping.