Absolutely nothing beats sipping on a frozen Blue Margarita! With this magical drink in hand, you will be feeling extra fancy in no time!
Now that it is finally starting to warm up I am diving straight into summer mode! One of my favorite things about summer is that the great weather goes hand in hand with the most fun cocktail recipes. This Blue Margarita recipe is the ultimate summer drink to bring out your inner mermaid. Paired with an easy taco salad, you will have plenty of reasons to love this time of the year!
Who doesn’t love a delicious blue curaçao margarita? This fruity cocktail will definitely help you beat the heat this summer. I can’t wait to blend up a batch of this fun and festive drink and serve it in my favorite margarita glasses with a fresh pineapple wedge. Nothing marks the start of my favorite season quite like a frozen Blue Margarita!
Other recipes to serve with Blue Margaritas
- You can’t go wrong with a big bowl of Pica de Gallo and your favorite tortilla chips paired with margaritas on the back porch!
- Serve up a pitcher of blue margaritas alongside Carne Asada Tacos for the ultimate Taco Tuesday!
WHAT’S IN A BLUE MARGARITA?
Tequila – I couldn’t possibly sit here and try to pick a favorite tequila! That job is yours when you start shopping to make this recipe.
Fresh Lime Juice- This recipe will blend up 3 margaritas at a time, so if you know you’re planning on going through a couple of blenders worth you might get want to buy a whole bag of limes.
Orange Liqueur – We’re using blue curaçao and triple sec for this margarita. You can use Grand Marnier or Cointreau instead of triple sec if you prefer. The blue curaçao is where this cocktail gets its signature color.
HOW TO MAKE A BLUE MARGARITA
STEP ONE: Get out your best margarita blender and add ice cubes, tequila, lime juice, simple syrup, blue curaçao, and triple sec.
STEP TWO: Cover the blender and blend until it is smooth and slushy.
STEP THREE: Once the margarita batch is perfectly blended, pour it into glasses and garnish them with a cherry and a wedge of fresh-cut pineapple! Serve and enjoy immediately!
Tips & Tricks
- Fresh lime juice is best for this recipe, but if pre-squeezed bottled juice is your only option it will work for this recipe. Don’t fret friend.
- Depending on the type of blender you have, you may need to stop blending, give everything a stir, and blend again. This will help you get the best slushy consistency.
- Prefer your margarita on the rocks? Stir all the ingredients together n a small pitcher or cocktail mixing glass. Then pour into margarita glasses over ice and garnish.
WHAT IS BLUE CURACAO MADE OF?
Believe it or not, blue curaçao is simply a citrus liqueur that is dyed blue. This naturally colorless liqueur is made from the peel of a bitter orange fruit called laraha. It gets the name Curaçao after the Dutch island where the laraha fruit is grown. Curaçao liqueur can also be dyed orange.
TRY THESE OTHER FROZEN COCKTAILS
- Boozy Frozen Peach Lemonade
- Frozen Banana Daiquiri
- Strawberry Peach Frosé
- Cucumber Margarita
- Frozen Margarita
- 1 cup tequila
- 2/3 cup lime juice freshly squeezed
- 1/2 cup simple syrup
- 1/3 cup blue curaçao
- 1/3 cup triple sec (or other orange liqueur)
- 4 cup ice cubes
- Maraschino cherries for garnish
- Fresh pineapple wedges for garnish
- Add the ice cubes, tequila, lime juice, simple syrup, blue curaçao, and triple sec to a blender.
- Cover and blend until smooth and slushy. (You may need to pause and stir once to help things along.)
- Pour margaritas into glasses and garnish with a cherry and pineapple wedge. Serve immediately.
Leave a Reply