Make Creamy Broccoli and Mushroom Chicken for a quick and delicious meal your family will love!
I’m told I’m weird because I LOVE mushrooms and can just snack on them raw as if they were popcorn. Does anyone else do this? I just love the texture and earthy taste. While I do enjoy eating them raw, mushrooms sautéed in butter is something I just cannot pass up and they are right here in this one-skillet meal of Creamy Broccoli and Mushroom Chicken.
CREAMY BROCCOLI AND MUSHROOM CHICKEN
Like this recipe? Pin it to your DINNER pinboard!
Follow Real Housemoms on Pinterest
This is such a cinch to make people. Season your chicken, brown it in a skillet, and then cook up your veggies. Add in some cream, cheese, and then add your chicken back in. Voila!
As a kid, I didn’t like broccoli florets. I’d only eat the stems. Eventually, as I got older I got over my childish texture problem and really do enjoy broccoli… especially when it’s covered in a creamy sauce like in Pasta con Broccoli. The florets do an amazing job of soaking up and trapping the sauce in between on those little buds. My two year old will just sit there for a minute or two sucking on the end of the broccoli and ends up eating the florets so I call it a win.
The sauce for this chicken is made right in the same skillet that you used for the chicken and veggies. And it’s so easy! After cooking your veggies, pour in some cream and let it heat up until thickened slightly. Then mix in some Parmesan for flavor and thickness, season with a little salt and pepper and BAM! You are done! Serve it over rice or pasta, and dinner is served.
If you’re looking for another creamy one-skillet meal, try my Creamy Tomato Chicken Florentine Pasta. Enjoy!
Want more chicken dinners?
- Easy Baked Ham and Cheese Stuffed Chicken
- Skinny Creamy Chicken Enchiladas
- Teriyaki Chicken & Vegetables
- Chicken & Wild Rice Casserole
- One Pot Chicken and Broccoli Rice
- More dinner recipes…
Tools used to make this Creamy Broccoli and Mushroom Chicken recipe
Knives: A good set of kitchen knives is essential for any cook. This set is the best one I’ve owned so far and it comes with a knife block, steak knives, and an array of larger knives perfect for all your slicing, chopping, and cutting needs.
Cutting Board: A good-sized cutting board is a must for home cooks. This board is thick & sturdy and makes recipe prep a breeze.
Large Skillet: This skillet is my go-to kitchen tool. It’s large circumference and high sides make it perfect for cooking anything from one pan meals to soups and sauces.
- 1 1/2 pounds chicken breasts pounded to 1/2 inch thick
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 cups broccoli florets cut into 1-inch pieces
- 4 ounces mushrooms sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic minced
- 1 1/4 cups half-and-half cream
- 1/3 cup Parmesan cheese shredded
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Season chicken with salt and pepper on both sides and cook 3-4 minutes per side until cooked through and to 165 degrees F. Remove from pan.
- Melt the butter in the skillet over medium heat and add the broccoli and mushrooms. Stir-fry until the broccoli is almost tender. Add the garlic and cook another 30 seconds.
- Pour in the cream and bring to a simmer while stirring. Continue to stir and cook until slightly thickened. Mix in the Parmesan cheese, season with salt and pepper to taste, add the chicken back in and coat in the sauce and veggies. Serve over rice or past.
Recipe inspired by The Recipe Critic
Download Your Free Copy!
Download your FREE copy of Dinner Made Easy!
Sign up to receive our newsletter and download your copy of Dinner Made Easy FREE! You'll get one email a week with our favorite recipes and tools to make life easy!