Creamy Pea Spread is a quick and easy recipe that makes for a delicious, healthy appetizer that’s delicious served with baguette slices and radishes!
We’re full on into the holiday season, aka the most magical time of the year, and you know what that means. ALL the parties! Whether it’s office parties, or neighborhood get-togethers, or family visits, it seems like we have so many gatherings this time of year. And that means lots of FOOD! But that doesn’t mean there can’t be delicious AND good for you bites too. This Creamy Pea Spread is a faovrite at my house, and it’s festive color makes it perfect for the holidays!
CREAMY PEA SPREAD
Like this post? Pin it to your APPETIZER pinboard!
Follow Real Housemoms on Pinterest
Our holiday foods always seem to be mostly appetizers, and hopefully some fun cocktails, but I like having a rotation of easy appetizer recipes that I can whip up in no time to get the stress levels low. And this creamy pea spread is the perfect dish to bring! It’s full of beautiful peas, rich ricotta and Parmesan cheeses and bright, fresh mint. I love using this pea spread to make an easy, delicious baguette appetizer. Top the toasted baguette slices with some of this spread then top with thinly sliced radishes for a festive little bite.
Or, you can top the baguette slices with some extra Parmesan cheese or cracked black pepper or some slivered fresh mint leaves. So many options! You could also just serve this with some water crackers or fresh veggies if you’d rather. And while you can make it ahead, this spread doesn’t keep well beyond about two days in the fridge, so don’t make it too far in advance. I hope you enjoy this creamy pea spread and I hope you have a wonderful holiday season full of fun parties and great appetizers!
If you love festive appetizers like this, be sure to check out my holiday hummus and cheese and herb spread. They’re also super quick and easy but come off as elegant – the perfect combo for entertaining!
Want more healthy appetizers?
- Low Carb Cauliflower Breadsticks
- Spicy Chicken Meatballs
- Ginger Shrimp Lettuce Wraps
- Tuna Avocado Sushi Cups
- Low Carb “Fried” Pickles
- More appetizer recipes…
Tools used to make this Creamy Pea Spread
Large Pot: This pot is a kitchen essential for everything from dinner to desserts. I use mine all the time and with proper care, it’ll last for years and years.
Food Processor: Slice, chop, and grate anything you need with this food processor. I’ve had this model for years and use it all the time. It’s a great workhorse in my kitchen and I’d recommend it to anyone!
- 2 cups frozen peas
- 1 cup fresh ricotta cheese
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons fresh mint
- 1 garlic clove roughly chopped
- zest of 1 lemon
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1-3 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
- For serving: Toasted baguette slices with sliced radishes extra mint or extra Parmesan cheese
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add a small handful of salt. Add frozen peas to boiling water and cook for 30 seconds.
- Transfer the peas immediately to an ice bath to stop the cooking. (Just fill a bowl with water and ice and spoon the cooked peas into it.)
- Add cooled peas and remaining ingredients to a food processor, starting with just 1 teaspoon of the olive oil. Process until smooth, adding extra olive oil as needed to reach your desired consistency.
- Season to taste and serve.
Download Your Free Copy!
Download your FREE copy of Dinner Made Easy!
Sign up to receive our newsletter and download your copy of Dinner Made Easy FREE! You'll get one email a week with our favorite recipes and tools to make life easy!