Easy Blender Hollandaise Sauce is ready to go in just 5 minutes with a few simple ingredients! Serve it up with asparagus, eggs benedict, fish, and more!
Do you love spring as much as we do? We love sharing wonderful citrus-based recipes at this time of year like this Easy Blender Hollandaise Sauce. I love spooning some over my eggs benedict at brunch time! In the past, I found making a hollandaise sauce recipe can be quite nerve-racking to get it just right. But fear not! This easy blender recipe takes all the nerves away and it comes out beautifully every time.
EASY BLENDER HOLLANDAISE SAUCE
Like this recipe? Pin it to your BREAKFAST pinboard!
Follow Real Housemoms on Pinterest
What is hollandaise sauce?
- Hollandaise sauce, formerly “Dutch sauce” is a creamy sauce made of emulsified melted butter, egg yolks, lemon juice, and seasoning. It’s one of the five mother sauces of French cuisine and is served especially with fish.
My family loves the indulgence of this rich and decadent sauce, and you can too with it being so easy to make! Pull out that blender and give it a whirl. The only caveat is that it needs to be eaten within 30 minutes, but we never seem to have an issue with that!
How to Make Hollandaise Sauce
- Add egg yolks, lemon juice, and cayenne to a blender. Blend on medium speed for 1 minute.
- Turn the blender to high and very slowly drizzle in melted butter through the lid opening. Continue to blend until thickened.
- Transfer to a serving bowl and use immediately or place in a hot water bath. Use within 30 minutes.
This is a seriously easy hollandaise sauce recipe that’s ready in no time. As bunch as I love it at brunch time, this sauce is a must-have at our dinner table when I make asiago asparagus. Pair them up with beef, chicken, or fish for a restaurant level meal you’ll want to make again and again.
Homemade sauces are a thing of beauty and these are my favorites!
- Yum Yum Sauce
- Sweet and Tangy Barbecue Sauce
- Homemade Cocktail Sauce
- Fry Sauce
- Sweet and Sour Sauce
- More side dish recipes…
Tools used to make this Easy Blender Hollandaise Sauce recipe
Blender: I love this blender! I use it to make everything from smoothies to soups. It can handle anything I throw at it and the puree comes out smooth.
- 3 egg yolks
- 2 tsp fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 cup salted butter melted
- 1/16 tsp cayenne pepper
- Salt to taste
- Black pepper to taste
- In a blender place in the egg yolks, lemon, and cayenne pepper. Cover and blend on medium until light lemon in color about 1 min.
- Turn the blender on high and pour the hot melted butter in very slowly through the opening in the lid. Continue to blend until thickened. Taste and adjust with salt and pepper and whirl again.
- Pour into serving bowl and serve immediately or place the bowl in a hot water bath to keep warm.
If you are into lemon at this time of year come and check out these gorgeous Lemon Pie Bars!