I can’t believe that we’re already about to celebrate St. Patrick’s Day!!!! Everything is going by so fast this year. I do love all the great mint chocolate desserts that pop up this time of year. I was so excited to see these cool mint Oreos in the store. I have to say that I did eat WAY too many. So what’s the logical decision when you realize you’ve gone through a package of them too fast? Go to the store and buy another pack but this time bake them into a fudgy brownie, or more specifically, a Cool Mint Oreo Stuffed Fudgy Brownie, of course! 🙂
These Cool Mint Oreo Stuffed Fudgy Brownies are so delicious and not too minty. They have more of a rich chocolate flavor with a hint of mint from the Oreo in the center. If you’re looking for more of a mint flavor you could always substitute mint extract for 1 of the teaspoons of vanilla. My little guys couldn’t get enough of these so I had to hide them. (So that there would be more for me.) I love a good brownie and this is definitely a good brownie. I can’t wait to make this with any kind of Oreo flavor I can get my hands on. The possibilities are endless!
- 10 tbsp butter melted
- 1 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup flour
- 16 cool mint oreos if you can't find cool mint you could just use regular oreos and add 1/2 tsp mint extract to the brownie batter
- preheat the oven to 325 degrees
- line an 8 x 8 baking pan with parchment paper so that it hangs over the edges
- in a bowl combine the melted butter, cocoa powder, sugar and salt
- stir in the vanilla extract
- Next, add eggs one at a time, beating fast after each addition
- stir in the flour until combined and then stir quickly for 30 seconds
- pour half of the mixture into the baking pan
- lay the oreos in a single layer on top of the brownie mixture
- top with the remaining brownie batter
- bake for 25 to 35 min or until the top is set a toothpick comes out clean
Download your FREE copy of Dinner Made Easy!
Sign up to receive our newsletter and download your copy of Dinner Made Easy FREE! You'll get one email a week with our favorite recipes and tools to make life easy!