I’m a huge fan of stir fry!!! I love the veggies mixed with the soft noodles. I could eat it just like that with no meat (and do sometimes) but when you add shrimp it really kicks it up a notch. This Shrimp Stir Fry really is quick. With stir fries the trick is to cook everything on high heat. You will want to have all the veggies chopped and the noodles ready to hit the wok before you even turn on the heat. If you are chopping as you go you’ll end up with mushy veggies.
As you cook the shrimp stir fry you’ll notice that it may seem like a lot of cabbage and celery. It is. It will cook down but I really do like the veggies in this. It’s not often that we go to Panda Express but when we do my kids will eat around the cabbage and celery and I follow right behind them eating up the veggies. So good. Anyway, I was in the kitchen and I was really craving a warm lunch. I went through my fridge and freezer and came out with the ingredients for this stir fry. If you wanted to add spice you could do that easily with siracha sauce or a chopped pepper or two. This recipe is so basic and easy that you should feel free to mix it up to fit your taste and whatever you have on hand!
- 1 lb shrimp any size will do but I used 16-20 in this recipe
- 1/4 cup teriyaki sauce
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1 large yellow onion sliced
- 1/2 head of cabbage thinly sliced
- 2 cups celery hearts and leaves chopped
- 3 cloves of garlic
- teriyaki sauce and soy to taste
- 15 oz. yakisoba noodles
- soak shrimp in teriyaki sauce and 2 tbsp soy sauce
- Before starting a stir fry you should have all of your ingredients ready to go and chopped or sliced
- heat oil in a wok if you have one or a large skillet over high heat
- add the onion to the wok and continuously stir
- next the cabbage and the celery, stirring constantly
- allow to cook for 3-5 min constantly stirring
- add in the garlic and cook for 2-3 minutes, stirring
- add in the shrimp and cook for 3-5 minutes until they become opaque and slightly orange.
- prepare yakisoba noodles according to package directions and add to wok
- stir to incorporated veggies and shrimp into the noodles
- add in more teriyaki and soy sauce to taste
- serve and enjoy!!