Corned beef is so good but we only (or I only) eat it at St. Patrick’s day. I decided this year that I was going to at least make it several times for St. Patrick’s Day. So I wanted to come up with different ways to have it other than to just eat it with cabbage and mustard or on a sandwich. There is NOTHING wrong with either of those, they are some of my favorite ways to eat corned beef, but if I’m going to get a lot of it in I need to mix things up. That’s when I thought it would make a great breakfast, and the idea for this corned beef and dubliner cheese omelette was born!
Have you had dubliner cheese before? You can find it in the cheese section by the deli in the grocery store, usually. The case where they sell the brie and goat cheese. I first had it several St. Patrick’s Days ago. It reminds me of a cross between a cheddar and a romano cheese. I thought if I’m going to make this a breakfast for St. Patrick’s Day I should carry that all the way through and spring for the Irish cheese, right?
Now, I have to confess something to you. I’m one of the worst omelette makers out there. I can’t flip them and I get a little stressed and then….. CRACK! The eggs are in pieces and it’s an over done scramble. So I decided for this breakfast I would cheat. I pour the eggs into the pan and let the bottom set then I stick it in the oven under the broiler. I let that cook the top side and then I just slide it onto the plate. I filled the omelette on the plate and viola! Omelette! When I’m making breakfast I don’t need anymore stress, just more coffee. 🙂
Happy almost St. Paddy’s Day!!!
- 1 tsp butter
- 3 eggs beaten
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1/4 cup cooked corned beef
- 1/4 cup dubliner cheese shredded
- whisk the eggs together with the salt and pepper until eggs are light and fluffy
- heat butter in small skillet over medium heat
- pour in the eggs and allow to cook for a 1-2 minutes
- loosen the edges of the eggs
- turn the oven to broil
- place the skillet under the broiler for 2-3 min or until eggs are cooked
- turn out eggs onto a plate and place cheese (reserving some to top omelette) and corned beef on half of the omelette
- fold the eggs over the cheese and corned beef and top with remaining cheese
- place back under broiler for 30 sec to 1 minute, just until cheese is melted.
Download Your Free Copy!
Download your FREE copy of Dinner Made Easy!
Sign up to receive our newsletter and download your copy of Dinner Made Easy FREE! You'll get one email a week with our favorite recipes and tools to make life easy!